1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What do PSHE teachers need most?

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by lukecitizenship, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Hello All,
    I've noticed from reading the PSHE posts that more teachers seem to need things like PSHE schemes of work or assesment criteria than need lesson plans and resources. Is this the case? As editor of Citizenship, a magazine aimed at ks1-2 PSHE and citizenship teachers, I'm wondering whether we should put more of our energy into sourcing and publicising these kind of documents. What do you think?

2. Hi Luke,
    I feel most teachers need a decent basic SOW and links to good resources to choose from. If you follow SEAL and then add in drugs, SRE etc, you risk having poor resources unless your PSHE coordinator is hot on updating it.
    During my CPD course last year (where's my certificate??) I got so much inspiration and good ideas from passionate PSHE teachers and trainers however the time spent on planning the subject is often limited so links to relevant clips etc is the best help for me.
    Christin