1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What do points mean?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

...Prizes!

As we wait in eager anticipation of discovering what the purpose of accruing points is, how about we speculate what the prizes will be at the end of the game?

Since TES devised this without, we presume, any input from posters, we should consider prizes that would appeal to those who work at TES.

I reckon one might be a profanity dictionary that enables the goody-goodies who never get their wrists slapped, ensure their track record remains unblemished.

coffeekid likes this.
  2. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

OMG!!!
    Are points a good thing even?
    Or like points on your driving licence?

Aye aye aye! Oy oy oy!

3. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I expect they are to make people feel VALUED. Maybe though they are like green shield stamps and you can save them up to get your turkey for Christmas.

jeanettekenyon likes this.
  4. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

You could have them all wiped off if you get a PM from the mods telling you that you have broken the Code Of Fluffiness.
    I see I have 42. If 40 is enough for a week in Antigua, then it's a jolly good scheme. If 3425 gets you a board marker, then it's rubbish.

coffeekid likes this.
  5. yfel_endwerce

yfel_endwerce Established commenter

They give me something to aim for whilst I can't make useful contributions to the debates.
    Though I admit that when (if) I get past pre-moderation I probably won't be interested in point-scoring and it's likely that my output on here will diminish significantly.

The publication of this post may be delayed and posts in the interim may not reflect the content

6. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

How come you've got 40 points and I've been stuck on 27 for donkey's yonks? I've put in more messages and got more likes than you, xena. This points gathering system isn't intuitive, is it?

Maybe one of the prizes is this book.

[​IMG]

7. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

If you reach a certain level of points, maybe you could choose an active avatar. At the next level, you could have a piece of theme music to go along with your avatar. Then at the next level, you could generate wealth for yourself and TES with avatar-related product placement...

Come back to me after I've had a cup of tea for even more exciting ideas!

8. scienceteachasghost

scienceteachasghost Lead commenter

One free edition of the TES broadsheet after 10,000 points?

9. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

Does anybody still buy or ead TES broadsheet? We don't get it in the staffroom now. Gone are the days when job advert pages would be sureppticiously ripped heralding shouts of disgust later.

10. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

I have accrued all the points going, and achieved all the trophies. What is there left for me to do? Oh yeah, the ironing, cleaning, shopping, essay-writing, weeding, wood-splitting..... TES, give me something new to aim for pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

11. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I did have 27... now I have 47... no idea what they mean though.

12. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Perhaps points mean prizes?
    I do not really care either way as my score would indicate.

13. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

I too have 47. No trophies though. Failed again.........

14. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

5 reasons to be cheerful.
    This candidate will go far, the further the better.

15. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I have two points.

Bovvered?

16. yfel_endwerce

17. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

This is my 100th post so I'm going to test it out.

18. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Defective.:(

19. yfel_endwerce

Takes a while usually
    I got a few extra posts in before mine changed