1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What do I wear to a spa day?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tangerinecat, Mar 20, 2011.

1. tangerinecat

tangerinecat New commenter

Been to a Center Parcs one before, it was swimming costume all the way due to a zillion types of sauna and an open air swimming pool / jacuzzi type thing.
    But this is somewhere different, a 'proper' spa. It includes a back massage and a body scrub. I've looked on the website (The Escape, Lapstone) and it's not helping me [​IMG]
    What do I wear?

2. You just wear your normal clothes. They give you a fluffy dressing gown for treatments or you strip down to your underwear - whatever you feel comfortable with. Maybe take a short dressing gown with you just in case.

3. tangerinecat

Ace, thank you. Best wear underwear that's not greying then... [​IMG]

4. You strip down to your undies and they give you a fluffy bathrobe to wear.
    If you are going for certain treatments, you are best taking your undies off.
    Don't be shy - it is worth it.
    Nobody is watching xxx

5. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

anyone want a massge in their altogether/...promise i wont bite![​IMG]

6. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

An itty bitty teeny weeny yellow polkadot bikini!
    (I couldn't resist!)

7. tangerinecat

Undies off! [​IMG]
    I'm British, you know! [​IMG]
    I reckon it'll be bog standard stuff, it was a special offer thing for a friends' birthday - £39 for the day, including lunch. Will be nice to have a day in adult company, with no moans about behaviour / parents / whatever...

8. tangerinecat

Milkandchalk, you're showing your age a bit there!
    Oldsome, glad to see you're still chasing the laydees [​IMG]

9. Sorry, I tend to forget. We in Europe are always ripping our clothes off.
    You can leave your knickers on - but do take your bra off otherwise the massage is just silly, poking around amongst those straps.
    They let you lie down before your nipples show, you know.

10. blazer

blazer Star commenter

A towel?

11. You'll need a cozzie or bikini and a spare. For the treatments they'll usually provide you with paper pants - not glamourous but practical and don't be embarrassed they have very good towel techniques which means they don't see!

12. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Eep! To be honest though, I was very young when it was popular

13. tangerinecat

Thanks everybody. Bra off is probably for the best -have really missed Bravissimosince we moved.Cossie I can do, towels they'll have. No need to stress! Oh, I hate new situations...

14. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

You'll be fine, even if it is "cheap" they'll want you to have a nice time so that you come back (and pay full price [​IMG]).

15. tangerinecat

Good point.
    No doubt I'll come home all lovely and relaxed...though the in-laws are visiting the next day [​IMG]

16. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Centreparc spa days are awesome! I often go for onw with my daughter. Wear a swimsuit. They provide as many towels and fluffy robes as you want. You even go to lunch in your fluffy robe. Best to tie your hair up if it is long.
    Spa is lots of lovely steam rooms with different aroms and relaxing multi-sensory rooms, big jacuzzi bath, water beds and sauna.
    Very jealous! Enjoy!

17. tangerinecat

Yeah - love the Centerparcs ones belle. My friend works there, and we used to go for a fiver. A fiver!! It's a good company to work for, I think, because they let employees give the special code word discount things to friends and family.

18. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

in reality when we did massage courses the ladies often took thier bra off..but as others said you use a towel.or should be, to cover the parts your not working on.
    I never had a problem massaging woman or men.although I am getting rusty now and i am not sure my hands are strong enough for kneeding etc.
    I love having someone massage me !

19. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I've got a picture in my head now![​IMG]

20. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter