1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What do I make of this? PDGE Computing (Strathclyde)

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by rross46, May 1, 2012.

1. I had my interview last week for Strathclyde. My application wasn't with GTTR, I had initially been unsuccessful, due to english qualifications, but I managed to get to a college to complete the english qualifications and was then given an interview. I got an email from strathclyde admissions saying that the initial application was unsuccessful but the department would like to make an amended decision, and I had to inform GTTR to hand my application back to Strathclyde. I have done so, but am waiting eagerly to find out what the decision is.

Does this mean I have an offer? I don't want to get my hopes up, I can't imagine them making an amended decision that was the same as the original. Grrrr!!!! I know I am being impatient, just dying to find out.

2. I had my interview last week for Strathclyde. My application wasn't with GTTR, I had initially been unsuccessful, due to english qualifications, but I managed to get to a college to complete the english qualifications and was then given an interview. I got an email from strathclyde admissions saying that the initial application was unsuccessful but the department would like to make an amended decision, and I had to inform GTTR to hand my application back to Strathclyde. I have done so, but am waiting eagerly to find out what the decision is.

Does this mean I have an offer? I don't want to get my hopes up, I can't imagine them making an amended decision that was the same as the original. Grrrr!!!! I know I am being impatient, just dying to find out.

3. This is quite an odd and unique situation you find yourself in...but from the sounds of things, I would say you have every reason to be hopeful. I don't think there have been too many Computing applicants this year - I know that by the 4th round of interviews at Glasgow uni NONE of their Computing places had been taken. I hope you get your answer soon & good luck!

4. Did you get a decision in the end? I think I was probably in the same lot of interviews as you but not heard either way yet (I had the dreadful presentation so no high hopes here).

5. Still not heard. Almost a week now and GTTR has nothing shown :( What presentation did you do? Mines was on video games piracy, didn't think anyone in the group I was with had a dreadful presentation.

Here is the email they sent me :
    " I refer to your application to the PGDE (Secondary). Initially your
    application was unsuccessful however the School of Education have
    confirmed that they now wish to process an amended decision. Could you
    please contact GTTR (0871 468 0469) and refer your application back to
    us. Please let us know once you have done so. We will then be able to
    transmit the update to GTTR and this will be shown on your Track
    account. "
    I don't think there are too many ways to interpret that. But I don't want to count my chickens just yet. Don't understand why it is taking so long for the decision to process. Anyone know how long it usually takes from when the training provider gives GTTR the decision to when GTTR puts it up on track?

6. Did the skills gained through games production presentation. I got an email to fill out a form so they know what fees to charge me but that is all.

7. Oooh aye, I liked yours. Well if they sent an email to ask about fee's, I've never heard of that before, might be a good sign.

8. teachaaaaaa

teachaaaaaa New commenter

If course everyone is different but at Strathclyde i got that email too asking me to send some documents as I have been overseas for a little while and 2days later got my place offered on GTTR so they wouldnt be sending you that for nothing!Good luck. Maybe some people pulled out and you were on some kind of unofficial waiting list.

9. I got in touch with GTTR, as it seems a delay of 7 days to update track was a little long to me. Turns out they haven't even recieved the decision yet. Contacted Strath to see if anything is wrong. I hope I will hear back soon and get a definate answer.

10. Yeah, it is taking longer than expected. I wonder how many spots they're filling and whether it is just the one?

11. hi. I also have been accepted for the computing PGDE in august at strathy .. dont remember any prezzy on games piracy so must have been in a different group.. well done btw

12. Cheers mate, well done to you too [​IMG]

13. fb Group for all Strathclyde 2012/2013 PGDE Students:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/292576834182801/

14. Ah ross, you beat me to it promoting the group! :D

15. Hey

I have a place on the computing course as well!!

Looking forward to Monday - has anyone received a welcome email or the likes yet from computing? The fb group thankfully has given me ideas of the timetable.

16. I went to collect my card today and asked the ladies if they knew anything of the timetable.

They said to meet at Cineworld on Monday at 8:30 to start at 9. Wondering how I would have known this if I didn't ask them, since I didn't get an email or any sort of correspondence. Not sure if you guys did.