1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What do I do with Year 9s who didn't choose to do drama?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by creativeclaire, May 2, 2011.

1. I am about to start teaching 2 new groups for the rest of the year. One made up of the lovely excited students who have chosen to do Drama GCSE and can't wait to have 3 lessons a week instead of 1. And one who didn't choose any arts subject, so have got put in a drama class and probably will dread the thought of more drama lessons when they thought that was it for the rest of their lives!!!!!! Does anyone have any tried and tested ideas of what I can do with the group who really don't want to be there? Any projects? Topics? Scripts? Any ideas gratefully received

2. Hiya Daisy
    I've got 2 questions :
    1) What is an 'ESB exam'?
    2) Can the Arts Award be done in one term? I am looking into the Arts Award with the idea of starting it in september in year 9 but I thought it took quite a while to complete.

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

The Arts Award Bronze - possibly Silver with a very motivated group, can be done in 6 weeks if managed carefully....

ESB = English Speaking Board - google for their website, but they offer a range of certificates in presentation skills - The Senior Grade ones are the ones you should look at for school use - Reading aloud in character, performing a poem , role-play all form part of the exam day. You can prepare them ina short space of time for that.