1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What didn't you get round to last term...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by greta444, Oct 29, 2011.

1. greta444

greta444 New commenter

I left nothing undone!! we are being inspected in 2 weeks!!

2. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

How come you have 2 weeks notice?

3. greta444

greta444 New commenter

We're in Wales. They give us 4 weeks notice in all. Just about right I think.

4. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

Handwriting - think we did it twice last half-term, not good [​IMG]

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOLOLOL!

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Ahh now handwriting is one of my successes from last term. Had several parents wiping tears when I showed them their child's work in our 'best work' book at parents' evening.

7. What didn't I get around to last half-term?
    Mmmm, a work/life balance. [​IMG]

8. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Guided Reading
    Something always seems to crop up[​IMG]

9. Glad I'm not the only one!

10. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

RE for me.

and most of these other 'confessions' too, I'm afraid.....

11. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Getting myself sorted with another job... I did write my CV, though. Now I just have to compose a 'supply letter'...

12. razziegyp

razziegyp New commenter

I didn't get round to any Art at all last half term.....was so busy trying to first contain and then change the bad behaviour of my Year 4 class that I didn't dare let them loose among paint pots and water!!! Going to give it a go soon tho!!

13. I haven't done any guided reading or handwriting :/ and now we have to start practising and learning the christmas production so I don't think its going to get done this term either! ooopx x

14. bigwig2404

bigwig2404 New commenter

I'm so glad I've seen this thread! Guided reading is the thing I feel permanently guilty about!

15. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

NEVER EVER feel guilty!

16. clangercrazy

clangercrazy New commenter

I have actually managed to get into a routine for guided reading and am fitting it in most days! Woo!
    However...French and Music appear to have dropped off the timetable somewhere in the meantime.....
    And APP?! I began sorting out the APP folders I'd inherited this evening (sorting this evening, got them weeks ago...) and realised how much I haven;t done.....
    Oh.....and there are millions of other things I haven't managed to do either.....I thought that was the norm though?!

17. I never got round to setting up a marking rotation to take the flak off me a bit and get the children doing some of it. During half term I marked at least 4 lessons worth of maths work that I hadn't done up to then....kind of pointless really, but Ofsted are due. I feel so guilty but I literally had no time, unless I stayed up til 3am doing it on top of the mountains of other things I had to do. So it became a choice of being a teacher who could actually interact on a daily basis, or a teacher who had done the marking, but was slumped in a corner crying for sleep as a result.
    Could do better :)

18. Oh hello, yes me too! I'm trying to only mark at school this term - apart from extended writing - and do planning, resources, etc at home in the evenings. I'm hoping that the thought of not knowing what I'm doing the next day will be motivation enough to work.
    Also, thanks for up-ing this thread - I've remembered that I haven't even printed APP sheets yet, so will be spending my PPA time dedicated to this delightful activity.