1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What did you do on your first day?

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by titus4t, Jun 7, 2011.

1. titus4t

titus4t New commenter

Pretty much that really. When faced with a class of children its obvious, but what did you do on your first day as a head? What would you do now if you had the chance again?

2. titus4t

titus4t New commenter

Pretty much that really. When faced with a class of children its obvious, but what did you do on your first day as a head? What would you do now if you had the chance again?

3. bnm

bnm

1st time round waded round in wellies. Burst pipe over the holidays drowned out the school's offices. Learnt the names of the LA premises officers really quickly and set up makeshift office in corridor.
    2nd time round tried to find out who was who and what was where.

4. 1st headship met administrator in my office, which we shared, size of cupboard then met her flatulence problem and ample bum cleavage. Second - found out what special measures really looks like!

5. Unblocked drains, cleared up puddle of wee left by my dog in library..thanks mate! Wrote new policies, sync'd my diary with school diary and realised that I no longer had any kind of life.

6. This is so true. Last year an NQT asked me if the class could watch a DVD every Friday afternoon if they'd done all their work so she could do all her work or else she wouldn't be able to go out at the weekend. Very earnest. I felt great sympathy. She left teaching and did someting exciting with her young life.

7. ROFL yup, its a horrible shock isn't it? Anyway must dash am just going home to write a play script for a review show next week, read through some files sent over by county, dash off a letter to the DfE, phone a parent to discuss her wildly over optimistic plans for her son's academic future, write some interview questions for tomorrow's recruitment drive and then load up the trailer for the boot fair we are doing to raise money for the annual school camp on Sunday at sparrow's fart.Damn damn damn haven't written those options forms yet!!!! Lucky we love our jobs really isn't it?