1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What daft things do your pets do?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by impulce, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Having recently got our first (and much awaited) Maine C00n Milo, he is amusing me daily with his antics. I have always had cats and love them all to bits, but this little chap is in a league of his own. He is a dogcat if ever I saw one! Floppy, daft, and reliant to the max.
    If you pick him up he turns to jelly and purrs like his life depends on it.
    If you put him down he runs in whichever direction you aim him, and god forbid if any of the other cats are in his way!
    The other week I was enjoying a relaxing bath when he flew over my shoulder and ended up up to his belly in my bathwater...where he stayed for at least 5 seconds before lolloping out.
    Upon entering the hallway earlier today, I was greeted by two pegs, a flip flop and two toilet roll inners that were definately not there before.
    And just now, getting changed, he ran off with my bra.
    I'm sure I will think of more amusing tails (no pun intended!)...tell me yours!

2. Having recently got our first (and much awaited) Maine C00n Milo, he is amusing me daily with his antics. I have always had cats and love them all to bits, but this little chap is in a league of his own. He is a dogcat if ever I saw one! Floppy, daft, and reliant to the max.
    If you pick him up he turns to jelly and purrs like his life depends on it.
    If you put him down he runs in whichever direction you aim him, and god forbid if any of the other cats are in his way!
    The other week I was enjoying a relaxing bath when he flew over my shoulder and ended up up to his belly in my bathwater...where he stayed for at least 5 seconds before lolloping out.
    Upon entering the hallway earlier today, I was greeted by two pegs, a flip flop and two toilet roll inners that were definately not there before.
    And just now, getting changed, he ran off with my bra.
    I'm sure I will think of more amusing tails (no pun intended!)...tell me yours!

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Oh heck - how long have you got? [​IMG]

4. Just under 3 weeks! Hit me :p

5. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Ha, ha!
    Well, there's her Marge Simpson impressions when she sits on the arm of the chair and spies the postie (she really does sound like Marge sighing - you know the sound I mean?).
    She hides her own tennis ball down the back of the sofa cushions and then makes a big deal of retrieving it, which involves bouncing up and down on the cushion until the ball reappears. Nutter.
    She pulls socks off your feet while you're wearing them, then turns them inside out (perfectly) and sucks them. [​IMG]
    I have more...

6. One of my cats hasn't got the hang of finding shade. She just sticks her head in a shrub and the rest of her remains in the sun. She also adopts this technique to hide from other cats.

7. Hah! Especially at the ball-retrieving and the shade-finding. I love our furry little friends and their crazy ways so much.

8. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Have you got any new photos of your mad kitten, impulce?

9. Lol yep..if I can get it to work, and to fit in the box!
    [​IMG]

10. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Ohh, he is so lush! [​IMG]

11. He is beautiful. I'm typing this, as usual, with my own kitten competing for access to the keys on the keyboard. He's been lethal while I've been on crutches, seems to be under the impression that I need vigorously defending from these two hard silver stick like creatures apparantly biting my arms.....

12. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Gorgeous!

13. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

I LOLled at this! Brilliantly.

My little terrors (8 month old kittens) are crazy. One got stuck in the tree yesterday and had to be rescued. They also have this annoying habit of catching flies outside, then running into the kitchen with them, mioawing crazily through closed lips. They let the fly, now stunned, go and proceed to chase it around the floor for ages, before eating it.

14. Haha Eva.
    Milo likes moths - he catches it under his paw, thinks he's lost it because he can no longer see it, moves his feet to leave thinking said moth has gone away...repeat.

15. fantastischfish

[​IMG]

My little princess number 1.

16. Bless her! Was the photo taken at a rescue shelter?

17. fantastischfish

Yes, at the RSPCA. Her sister is in the backgroun, equally as gorgeous. This is her below:

[​IMG]

18. Where do I start?

Violet liked to hide in the scarf drawer
    Annie could and did walk along the curtain pole in my bed
    Sam just lived on top of the wardrobe
    Lilly and Tonks loved mice with catnip in them, they would both lie down with one in their mouths and if you took hold of it they both growled and the more you pulled the higher the pitch of the growl would get. You could almost play a tune with the mouse .
    Charlie didn't like me taking a bath, he'd walk up and down on the side meowing at the bad water. He could also sulk to Olympic levels, he made sure you knew you were sulking by sitting in front of you with his back turned.
    He also used to do a nightclub bouncer routine, sitting on the door step and he HAD to be first through the door.

Jacob liked to 'help' when I was using the computer by sitting on the top of the chair back and grooming me.

19. My cat used to like sitting on the side of the bath while I was in it, and attack my toes if they happened to peep above the waterline at any point. He stopped that though after he leaned too far in one day and ended up completely under water.
    My spaniel has an obsession with balls (of the tennis variety) that is so bad that we can't have them in the house. If we do, he will bring it to you, bark until you throw it, bring it back, bark until you throw it... repeat for 16 hours (no matter how much exercise he has already had!) He can also sniff them out. We could hide one in the furthest, darkest corner of the garage, or the highest, least-used shelf while he is out of the house, and as soon as he returns he will work out where it is and stand beneath it barking until you get it down for him. Then repeat steps detailed above.

20. Southy (part persian cat) used to have to come in the car with us to the extent that we had to have a litter tray in the back window. Cue lots of odd looks as he used to use it on the motorway.
    Honey (cocateil (sp)) used to sit on the top of the book you were reading and nibble the pages
    Sparkle (Siamese) has to be up high, will use all of the family from youngest son, through wife and two elder sons to get to my shoulder, then top of the door, where the then yowls to get down because she is scared (shaking)
    Tabbitha (tabby cat) hides in the hedge and waits for people to pass, then meows at them to talk to her.
    Zac (9 month old Bichon Frize) will sit outside our shop (on his own or with company) quite happy, but as soon as the sign goes to CLOSED, he will bark like a good 'un at anyone who comes near.
    Bob (Axolotyl) crawl onto your hand to be taken out of his tank to be tickled behind the gills
    shall I go on :)