1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What courses are you offering?

Discussion in 'Science' started by alm721, May 21, 2012.

1. alm721

alm721 New commenter

Thanks for the replies. We are planning something similar, starting core after Easter year nine for two top sets. Everyone else doing core and additional in 10 and 11. I think some will find this a stuggle though and am keen to look at alternative. I was think core and something else maybe, but not sure what yet.

2. Our year 9's are doing the core as a modular next year since it is still an option for them to do so, they are working towards the P1 exam in November and then completing the core course in May 2013.The additional course will for them be linear so they will do that in May/June 2014.
    Our triples however will be sitting 9 exams at the end of year 11 since it is the only option open to them.
    After this next year, year 9 is likely to be a bridging year, but we are still looking at the logistics of that,so I will be watching this thread with interest.

3. We have been planning to deliver Triple to a top set and Core and Additional to two other groups with the rest doing BTEC. The news that it is likely only two GCSE equivalents will count is resulting in a rethink though.
    Anyone doing the OCR Core followed by the Environmental and Land Based science?
    Any comments would be appreciated.