1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What comes after teaching

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by Alice1965, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Alice1965

Alice1965 New commenter

I have just been dismissed from my teaching post after an untrue and malicious allegation. I have 25 years teaching experience in primary and SEN. Before I took last job I was on supply for years and school were always very happy to have me etc. In other words I am good in the classroom, relate well to students and staff, make learning interesting and fun. However the thought of returning to the classroom terrifies me. (the allegation was made by a TA,not student). I would not feel safe.What can I do now? Sounds pathetic but I feel really alone and lost. I also have a dependent dog who does not deserve this!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Your problem, @Alice1965 , may well be your reference, or lack of one.:(

My suggestion is this:

1. Go to your local Job Centre tomorrow morning and find any job that you can do. An office job, for example. And start doing it to give your days some structure and discipline. Lolling around in bed until mid-day while watching daytime telly might be tempting, but it's a slippery slope.

2. Contact the National Careers Service to see if they can help with suggestions

3. Read this

Possible other careers

Best wishes

3. Alice1965

Alice1965 New commenter

Thank you TheoGriff , you are right. It will be a shock to the system but maybe that's what I need. One thing is certain- if I do nothing ,nothing will change. Had a quick look at links , they look interesting. Am now going to bed and have something to get up for in the morning (as well as the dog).

4. Alice1965

Alice1965 New commenter

Interview on Tuesday for call centre. Wednesday for agency teaching.

dljames2013 likes this.
  5. And100

And100 New commenter

Great to hear you are making progress and your luck is changing.
    Wishing you all the very best
    And100