1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What colour is your car?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Pink_Loveliness, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Pink_Loveliness

Pink_Loveliness Occasional commenter

I don't actually drive a car, but it would have to be pink if I did.

What colour car do you have?

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Metallic grey. My favourite of all my cars was a red one.

Hope that helps.

3. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

On the two occasions that I've bought a new car, I have opted for red ones, although I'm not really bothered. The car we have now is a lovely tomato soup colour; if feel as if I want to dip a spoon in and taste it.

4. pair_of_argyles

pair_of_argyles Occasional commenter

I'd always thought my car to be a rather dull grey colour.
    But according to "Homes Under the Hammer" this shade, in interior design at least, is known as "Reindeer"
    This simple re designation means that I now feel that I own a much more modish and stylish conveyance

cissy3 and bombaysapphire like this.
  5. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I have a little purple car. I was just cleared for driving by the doctor. I can't wait to get back to it.

Lascarina likes this.
  6. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

My curent car is "midnight blue" . I do have to say it isn't a blue I recognise as I wouldn't chose blue as a rule. It looks a grey to me. Anyway ...academic as have chosen my new car and it is "magnetic" - again a greyish colour.
    I don't like the current Ford red - I do consider the maroon Ford Mondeo colour to be my luckiest colour as that car saved my life in a crash......

7. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

I don't like Fords of whatever colour.

My car is what you might call gunmetal, but I really wanted the dark (British Racing) green.

8. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

My husband's new Ford Fiesta is Deep Impact Blue. It's like the foil wrapped round Cadbury's chocolate.

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  9. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Metallic purple, described as Deep Amethyst, love it!

10. May2

May2 Established commenter

Mine is metallic Aquatic Blue bit like a Kingfisher and I love it. There were too many black, white and silver cars when I got it and I wanted something different. There seem to be a lot more similar shades around now than when I got it over 3 years ago.

11. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

Mine's a sort of chalky grey-brown colour.

Underneath that it's silver.

Must go to the car wash!

cissy3 likes this.
  12. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

White, but I so want one of the bubble-gum coloured Fiat 500s!

13. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

The first car I drove after passing my test was bottle green ( a Morris Isis - almost unknown to anyone these days but I loved that car to bits) The first car I owned was a Vauxhall Victor estate again bottle green. I have never ever owned another green car.... and they do seem rare now.

@jacob That Ford Mondeo was hit by an XJS Jag coming through the air at me him having left the M56 at 103mph before hitting my Ford on the slip road...... Although hit on the rear passenger door it was enough to send me spinning down what was left of the embankment onto the inside lane of the M way. The fact that there wasn't any other vehicle in that lane and that the Ford took a heck of a hit and remained on its wheels keep me very loyal to Ford.

14. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

15. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Clear white with a charcoal grey leather interior. White is very en vogue doncha know!

16. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Bright red! I didn't want a red car when I went looking but the price was right. And I can be seen.

17. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Mine is a similar colour to a high-viz jacket. I didn't choose it for the colour, but I don't mind it. It makes it easier to avoid crashing into.

18. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Silver, but if I could really choose:

image.jpeg

cissy3 likes this.
  19. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Up until 4pm today it was a metallic champagne colour.
    I've now picked up my new car.....gorgeous Audi A3 cabrio.............and it is metallic pewter.
    Stunning!

20. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Who in their right mind drives a car of the hue known as "hearing aid beige"? I saw two Fiat 500s in this shade today. Shudder.