1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What (cheap!) interventions have your got running in your primary?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by NQT1986, Oct 17, 2015.

1. NQT1986

NQT1986 Occasional commenter

And what do you find works? I am overwhelmed with what's out there and have no budget to buy anything that other schools seem to be able to afford!!

2. janie74

janie74 New commenter

There are some good freebies; google SNIP literacy, free download suitable for visual learners struggling with specific literacy difficulties.

Touch typing; doorwayonline, again free...some schools use 'dancemat'

3. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Just remember the intervention is only as good as the person delivering - so investment required somewhere along the line.

4. never_expect_anything

never_expect_anything Occasional commenter

Your question is so broad...!
    What kind of interventions do you need? Literacy? Numeracy? Social skills? Break it down further... If literacy: handwriting? reading comprehension? spelling?

Yes, but investment of time and effort from the person delivering (and the learners!) is crucial; financial investment is not. Many of us have to work to these budget constraints, but that needn't prevent intervention from being successful.