1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What chance someone with a dodgy enhanced crb ???

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MikeMatthews1956, Jan 21, 2011.

1. I used to teach Yr 6 primary in Leicester. Due to allegations made outside school, for which I was found to be not guilty, I left primary teaching and now successfully work in the adult private sector. I would like to consider primary Y5-6 again - I have ISA clearance - but my enhanced crb details the allegations, and this may put off a prospective head. Even though I was deemed an inspirational teacher by Ofsted and was considered good at my job;The fact that I now have an enhanced crb with 'stuff' on, even though I have no cautions, reprimands, warnings or convictions; the fact I got consistently high SATs results with my classes ( as if that is everything ); the fact I was well respected teacher - that could all be prejudiced by my enhanced crb. So, headteachers, be honest - would you employ someone with an excellent record yet had allegations made that proved to be unfounded ? Interesting, given the climate of risk aversion we live in !!!

2. I used to teach Yr 6 primary in Leicester. Due to allegations made outside school, for which I was found to be not guilty, I left primary teaching and now successfully work in the adult private sector. I would like to consider primary Y5-6 again - I have ISA clearance - but my enhanced crb details the allegations, and this may put off a prospective head. Even though I was deemed an inspirational teacher by Ofsted and was considered good at my job;The fact that I now have an enhanced crb with 'stuff' on, even though I have no cautions, reprimands, warnings or convictions; the fact I got consistently high SATs results with my classes ( as if that is everything ); the fact I was well respected teacher - that could all be prejudiced by my enhanced crb. So, headteachers, be honest - would you employ someone with an excellent record yet had allegations made that proved to be unfounded ? Interesting, given the climate of risk aversion we live in !!!