1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What cartoons do kids watch now? Year 1 :0)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pinkflipflop, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Don't know about year 1 but our year 2s are no longer interested in much on tv. They are all obsessed with club penguin or moshi monsters.

2. Tom and Jerry are still going strong, along with Scooby Doo, Garfield and Mr Bean. Ben and Holly and Peppa Pig are a little young but are definitely English and are very watchable . I enjoy them anyway! Ben And Holly's Littlle Kingdom is surprisingly well written with a few clever lines thrown in for the grown ups!! It's made by the same people as Peppa Pig and my children (two girls, 4 and 6) love listening to the voices and working out who's who - Nanny Plum in Ben and Holly is Miss Rabbit in Peppa Pig for example!

3. Thank you for your replies. I won't be showing any cartoons, I will just be using the caracters and i need them to be able to recognise them as they will be voting on their favourite.

Thank you xxx

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Depends on age. Sponge Bob Square Pants is popular as is Bart Simpson.

5. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Ask 'em about Octonauts. Have a look on the cbeebies website for ideas of characters - or any of the children's for that matter. Channel 5 is called milkshake. Ask them! Ask them what they like wtching/used to like (probably the same thing!!) Bet they all watch Waybuloo!! Fifi and the Flowertots? Angelina Ballerina? Peppa Pig is always a favourite (oink!!).

6. My son is in year one and he watches...
    • Max and Ruby
    • Wow wow wubbzy
    • Ben and Holly's little kingdom (if he's too tired to turn it over).
    • Chowder (HIS MOST FAVOURITE)
    But.. we've got Sky and the two of them only watch Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, Boomerang etc. He did used to like Waybaloo, Peppa Pig etc but according to him they are "way too babyish" now.
    Maybe you could do a data collection activity about their favourites first, put them into a pictogram and find out that way?

7. Oh... Minnieminx reminded me!
    The Simpsons. He would quite happily watch a full 2 hours a night (6-8) if i'd let him!

8. Got another one.... Phineus and Ferb! Even I love that one! :D

9. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

amazing how they claim something is babyish, and then are glued to the spot when it comes on....![​IMG]
    I'd veer on the side of the younger ones - my kids still aren't allowed to watch the Simpsons, and they'd have no idea what you were going on about, but with the younger stuff they'd all at least remember.

10. our y5's still happily watch spongebob in wet playtimes - and you have a glorious set of characters to work with