1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What can you be made to do?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by alea, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Penny, it sounds like the head has noticed that some staff are capable of taking on more responsibilty, which seems like a compliment to me. See what he has to say and discuss it with him stating your concerns. You say you are still starting out in your career but have you thought about your future (and what experience you will need in order to you fulfill your aspirations)? Good luck x

2. I agree with what you say
    But what l didn't mention is that l have arrived to teaching very late in life and if the Govt didn't keep moving the goal posts, would be reasonably close to retiring soon. I have no aspirations except to the best my kids can have.
    l have done so many intersting things with my life, all of which make me the teacher l am today. But never again do i want to manage, or get stuck in an office, or even do one more piece of paperwork than l already do. I experienced work place bullying in a previous life and already have alarm bells ringing with one or two things he has done.
    I love the school l work in but am seriously considering a move.

3. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Have your answers ready, so if he says, "I want you to coordinate Maths," be ready with "Well, if I did that, I would have to drop RE/DT/ART," whatever it is. Never say Yes to anything on the First Ask. Always, ALWAYS, say "I'll have to think that over..."