1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What can I say?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by jet786, Jun 11, 2011.

1. I may have a little bit of a problem as i just received an email from a parent of a student in my class who wants me too meet a good friend of hers, aka set me up....
    She is a really nice lady and was polite in the email and all, but I am unsure how to handle this especially in terms of being professional and all that....If I did and things went south then what? should i just decline? inappropriate?
    Any advice?[​IMG]
    (posted this in dilemmas too...but i think might get more honest answers here [​IMG] )

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I think your choice of avatar (what appears to be a large red stop button) is most appropriate here.

Only my opinion, mind.

3. My goodness that beats the traditional end of term chocolate orange gift.
    You could decline due to pressue of work thanking them for thinking of you. After two words about little jonny remind mother that any number of her friends would be welcome to support the summer fete where you would welcome their attention and skills as you supervise the Splatt the Rat game.

4. Go for it! Why on Earth should you decline just because you teach the dates friends kid? Bloody hell you're an adult and can date who you like!