1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What Became of Juice Extractors?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Jul 13, 2019.

1. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Better for you too.

2. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Wastery.

3. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Hey! A positive comment.

4. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

School's out for summer!

racroesus likes this.
  5. scienceteachasghost

scienceteachasghost Lead commenter

Supermarkets sell far more fruit juice than they used to. As another poster has said, don’t be fooled, fruit juice is less healthy than it instinctively seems to be due to the fact you are getting the sugar without the fibre, so end up consuming more sugar until the fibre tells you you’re full. Still, better than chugging Coke.

lanokia and needabreak like this.
  6. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

What you get out of juice extractors depends on what you put into them. You'll only be chugging more sugar in you juice high sugar ingredients.

I doubt that nettle juice is high in sugar. In fact I've concluded that anything conducive to good health is a pleasant medicine. I can tell you this for nothing. You won't find me drinking nettle juice , nor risking my neck cycling, even if the doctor ordered me to.

I had an email today from a campaign group who call themselves
    [This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]
    Can you believe they are actually asking for money off me to provide support for reckless cyclists who end up under truck wheels?

It ought to be obvious to all that longevity isn't just about eating sensibly/, it involves all our lifestle choices.

What's the point in being a dead vegan cyclist at the age of thirty whose life ends under the back wheels of truck, when you could have a far more fulfilling life doing everything thay say is unhealthy, yet live long enough to get a telegram from the Queen?

7. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I have a juicer. Lives in the utility room.
    I use it from time to time when I need to..............great to make cucumber sorbet to go with Pimms jelly!

8. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

[​IMG]

One like this was in our house when we moved in, forty years ago. It is still going strong.

Perhaps the more sophisticated versions went the way of those vomit-scented fondue sets, so popular in the Seventies.

9. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

I think the OP is taking the pith ...

needabreak likes this.