1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What assessment do you use for SEN entry/exit mapping

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by mike1chambers, Nov 30, 2011.

1. mike1chambers

mike1chambers New commenter

Hi,
    Looking ofr assessement tools for enytry/exit for provision mapping.
    At present we use Salford and Vernon for Age levels, but are there anything else I can use?
    Maybe a cognitive or maths would be useful
    Cheers
    Mike

2. mike1chambers

Hi,
    Looking ofr assessement tools for enytry/exit for provision mapping.
    At present we use Salford and Vernon for Age levels, but are there anything else I can use?
    Maybe a cognitive or maths would be useful
    Cheers
    Mike

3. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

I have been teaching for several years now. However, I have absolutely no idea what your post means.

Perhaps it's a subject thing.

What is "provision mapping"?
    What do you mean by "assessment tools fo entry/exit"?
    What are "Salford" and "Vernon" (other than a Northern city and a male forename)?

Ta.

4. mike1chambers

Hi,
    Provision mapping is planning intervention for pupils who need extra
    Assessment tools for exit/entry are mini tests to see how the provision put in place has helpled.
    Salford is a reading test
    Vernon is a spelling test. Both give you abilty ages
    Mike

5. stressedDeb

stressedDeb New commenter

Sandwell Early Numeracy Test will give you a number age, similar to reading age, only goes to 2A though. We got ours when we started numbers count, but have used it for other children, also useful because it will give different levels for different areas

6. We refer to the tracking documents. If they are on track to meet the national age expectations, the Wave 2 provision is removed. If they fall back under the age expectation, they receive the provision again. Children well under the age expectation (by two sub levels or more) have Wave 3 (1:1) intervention.
    The spelling and reading ages are rather crude so they are one part of a bigger picture.