1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are your Views on Lesson Planning? (Survey)

Discussion in 'US – Staffroom' started by zm119, Mar 4, 2019.

1. zm119

zm119 New commenter

Hi,

I'm in my final year of university, carrying out a research project in the effectiveness of lesson planning. I'm in search for teachers to fill out my survey

As part of my final year industry research project, I am carrying out a study to evaluate the effectiveness of Lesson planning for teaching and learning in schools, sixth forms, colleges and universities. I will attach the survey link to this post.

The survey will approximately take 4 minutes to complete. I would really appreciate if you could spare a few minutes to complete my survey. Your participation in this survey is entirely voluntary and you can withdraw at any time. Please could you kindly forward my survey to your peers within the teaching industry.

Survey Link: https://goo.gl/forms/r6dVrsb2o5h66WFJ3

Thank you in advance.

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Done. Weirdly I was also a student at your university but back then (70s) it was called Birmingham Polytechnic.

Query, why have you put this in the American forum? You may get a better response in 'personal'

zm119 likes this.
  3. zm119

zm119 New commenter

That's something new I've learnt, never knew it was Polytechnic before. I was desperate to reach out to teachers, although its wasn't sensible of me to put it in the American forum. Never really used TES before.

Thank you for your participation.

4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

My wife also graduated from there in the early 2000s however then it was called the University of Central England!!

5. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

You don't know who is filling in these questionnaires as these are public forums. You also have no idea if people who post responses are teachers or are being truthful. The proper way to conduct your research is by face to face interview with teachers who credentials can be checked out. As far as this 'research' goes it's rubbish with no merit whatsoever.. Stop expecting other people to do your research for you and do it properly yourself.

6. Eszett

Eszett New commenter

Bit harsh, but it's good point. Also, the questions you ask, zm119, are very general - you will probably find out that most people think they would save time if their planning was all done for them. Somewhat obvious. I honestly think narrative interviews would help you more to gain some understanding of issues around lesson planning and coordination across departments in real-life contexts. (But maybe you are already doing that.) After that you could formulate more relevant questions for a survey.

For example, am I comfortable with pre-defined lesson plans? Really depends on whether I was involved in defining them, whether they were defined by a good Head of Department or whether they are dictated by School Leadership (or even worse, the DfE). Am I meant to stick to a script and a pre-defined timing down to the minute, or am I free to adapt the plan - knowing that 9A on a Tuesday morning and 9B on a Friday afternoon are two very different teaching situations...?