1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

what are your plans for next half term?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by kaz_allan, Dec 6, 2011.

1. i was wondering if anyone can share what they are planning to do next half term. We are thinking of a water/ice/snow theme but want to plan from childrens interests too - so wondered how others do this and how you cater for all interests - planning from childrens interests is so difficult to do to meet all their needs - any help or ideas appreciated.

thank you

2. i was wondering if anyone can share what they are planning to do next half term. We are thinking of a water/ice/snow theme but want to plan from childrens interests too - so wondered how others do this and how you cater for all interests - planning from childrens interests is so difficult to do to meet all their needs - any help or ideas appreciated.

thank you

3. I have a couple of boys who are really into pirates so I'm going to do some work around that but haven't quite got my head around the specifics yet (too much going on at school with Christmas). I also want to do some work on Chinese New Year.
    If the weather becomes really snowy/icy then I too may do a topic on snow/winter etc
    Louise

4. lizzii_2008

lizzii_2008 New commenter

We have set topics and plan medium term plans across the areas of learning and although this doesn't cover children's interests I use observations and just key moments to jot down children's interests and implement them within different areas, for example, during our CLL sessions the children may have spiderman trails or wiggly or zig zag lines so not everything sticks exactly to our topic.
    Next terms topic is all about Journeys so I am going to encorporate transport and places into it and we are considering "travelling" to a new place in a different mode of transport.The boys in my class are mad on trains and cars, as well as spiderman so considerng incorporating a spiderman toy and children to taking him on adventures over the weekend. My children have recently been setting up trains using the chairs so I figure that my role play area will be a train station.