1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are your plans for New Year?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by y9840125, Dec 31, 2010.

1. y9840125

y9840125 Occasional commenter

Only a few hours to go...well..6ish :)

2. 6?! another 8 and a bit for me.
    I plan on seeing it in with my two best mates, them drinking pints and me on vodka and lemonade, watching a band in a smallish pub in town.
    Hope you all have a good one wherever you are, whatever you are doing xx
    JSY x

3. A night in with my parents, boyfriend and brother and his girlfriend.
    I hate NYE.

4. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

5. Quietly, baby asleep by the bells, I hope, check out some tele, some TES, some facebook, oops better get a life. LOL.

6. Watch a film maybe ... Possibly have a drink ... Play a game ... Same as we have been doing every evening all week

7. This year is a bit of an oddity for me, what you have described is my usual NYE, minus the baby..
    xx

8. I tend to agree with you PFF - what I really hate is the feeling I have of being told when and where I should go to enjoy myself and have fun when I am perfectly capable of managing that for myself.
    Wildmillie was Millamant changed name because I got bored with itXXX
    Happy New Year all!

9. y9840125

y9840125 Occasional commenter

Me too...this is the first year I am having in, in a long time and whilst my friends post status messages on FB about their NYE plans, I find myself quite looking forward to a few drinks, a bit of Jools Holland and a quiet acknowledgement of a new year.

Mind you, I do absolutely love the idea of a new year, a new start and setting myself some new challenges!!

10. Anyone else spending NYE alone?

I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Same as any other night - I'll have to keep reminding myself of that.

11. Absolutely right. I get the urge to spring clean my life and make all sorts of lovely plans.
    I do like to watch the fireworks at midnight and drink a glass of fizz.

12. I get dreadfully maudlin as I hate it so much, so I go to bed and try to be asleep by 12, and let it all pass me by.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I'll be trying to decide between Jools and his Hootenanny on one channel and Tim Minchin on another.

14. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Having a canape party! We have friends who are going to make a set number of canapes and we are going to vote for our favourites. Whoever has the most votes, wins! And it will involve lots and lots of champagne.

15. Nice 3 course meal. Bottle of cheap fizz at midnight and Pink panther films. Hootenanny.

16. I managed to hurt my back and can barely walk... so I guess will be doing nothing at all...

17. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

I'll be at home with OH and 2 moggies, finishing off any Christmas goodies. I've never bothered celebrating NYE really, and will probably be in bed before 12 unless the *** next door have a party.

18. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Is normally the extent of our NYE plans so I'm quite excited!

19. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

buggers

20. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

Sorry to hear that. Join the injured club. I fell backwards in the snow on Monday and have whiplash. [​IMG]