1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WHAT ARE YOUR EXPERIENCES TEACHING CHILDREN WITH ADHD- RESEARCH

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Dinagojkovic, May 4, 2012.

1. <font size="2">HAVE YOU EVER TAUGHT A CHILD WITH ADHD? </font>We would like to invite you to take part in a research project at the University of Southampton. This project will investigate your experiences teaching young people with ADHD following treatment with methylphenidate <font size="2">(e.g., Ritalin, Concerta, Equasym).

We are particularly interested in how MPH may affect children&rsquo;s THINKING AND MOTIVATION in the long term. </font><font size="2">We would like to talk to TEACHERS who have experience of ADHD to investigate their experiences.</font><font size="2">We would like to conduct a brief interview with you. This interview would take approximately 30 minutes.</font>

If you are interested in taking part or wish to find out more about the study, please contact Dr. Hanna Kovshoff on 023 8059 8719, or email her on H.Kovshoff@soton.ac.uk.

Thanks for your support!

2. <font size="2">HAVE YOU EVER TAUGHT A CHILD WITH ADHD? </font>We would like to invite you to take part in a research project at the University of Southampton. This project will investigate your experiences teaching young people with ADHD following treatment with methylphenidate <font size="2">(e.g., Ritalin, Concerta, Equasym).

We are particularly interested in how MPH may affect children&rsquo;s THINKING AND MOTIVATION in the long term. </font><font size="2">We would like to talk to TEACHERS who have experience of ADHD to investigate their experiences.</font><font size="2">We would like to conduct a brief interview with you. This interview would take approximately 30 minutes.</font>

If you are interested in taking part or wish to find out more about the study, please contact Dr. Hanna Kovshoff on 023 8059 8719, or email her on H.Kovshoff@soton.ac.uk.

Thanks for your support!

3. tamtams

tamtams New commenter

Hi,
    Is this open to teachers only, as I am a LSA who supports a child full time on a 1-1 basis with ADHD. I prepare a lot of the childs work myself. Does the interview require you to attend Southampton University.

4. Hi Tamtams,
    thanks very much for your query. Can you please tell me how many children with ADHD you have worked with in the past, aside from the one you mentioned?

5. tamtams

tamtams New commenter

Hi,
    I have worked with two other children with ADHD plus one autistic child.

6. hi Tamtams,
    we are looking for people who have taught 10 or more children with ADHD so unfortunately you do not fit the criteria.

7. tamtams

tamtams New commenter

Ok fair enough.

8. Tamtams, I'm sure they meant to say, 'Thank you very much for offering anyway and sorry we didn't make it clearer in the opening post when we asked if anyone had ever taught A child with ADHD.'