1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are your classes doing for last couple of weeks then?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by noemie, Jul 10, 2011.

1. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

A colleague got them to do a film on a topic of their choice. Pro: pupils highly engaged and lots of creativity (the mock up apprentice in German was simply hilarious). Con: the language level wasn't as good and complex as could have been if the topic had been set. Most pupils used their mobile phones to film, as we don't yet own a camcorder (which is all about to change thanks to tesco vouchers, wooohooohooo!!).
    I like the "warning to the next classes" project - might pinch it for next year.
    Is your school twinned with another? Could you get them to write to their twinning companion, or do a little presentation about their school and upload it on a wiki?
    Another colleague got Y7 to research a francophone country and present their findings to the rest of the class. You could also go cross-curricular (food works a treat, I've done that with Y10 two years running, in a "come dine with me" style).

2. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Oh, and my Y10 did a controlled assessment second week of June and have got summer work to prepare for the next one, due to take place second week of September. I think my meanie trumps your meanie! [​IMG]

3. Year 10 - are watching Café des Rêves (having done a Controlled Assessment last week(.
    Year 9 - are making a newspaper - each pair of pupils is responsible for producing one page (everything from sports pages to houses for sale or an interview with a famous person).
    Year 8 - are making a guide to the Passé Composé for next years' Year 8 classes. Their guides have to be fun and memorable (as well as correct!).

Year 12 - bashing on with the cultural topic.... :(

4. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

This morning I blogged this idea for an end-of-term project based on the birth of South Sudan http://changing-phase.blogspot.com/2011/07/birth-of-nation.html Please feel free to use.