1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'Book club' started by lanokia, Oct 18, 2015.

1. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Senior commenter

I've just finished Take Nothing With You by Patrick Gale. Absolutely wonderful.

2. rararasputin

rararasputin Occasional commenter

I've just finished reading 'Bookworm - A Memoir of Childhood Reading' by Lucy Mangan - a lovely book that you can dip in and out of easily.

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Birdcage Walk by Helen Dunmore, just getting into it. Just finished Undercliff by mark Brend ( married to my niece) It was a mystery and I like his plain unornamented style but he didn't answer all the questions he posed - at least, if he did, the answers were buried and I didn't spot them.
    I love Patrick Gale - you've just reminded me how much @friedgreentomatoes . Note to self - put it on the kindle.

friedgreentomatoes likes this.
  4. Startedin82

Startedin82 Established commenter

Just finished The World at War by Mark Arnold-Forster - the accompanying book to the landmark 1970s TV series. Excellent.

Now reading Stasiland by Anna Funder. Life in East Germany behind the Berlin Wall.

minnie me likes this.
  5. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I LOVED Stasiland ! Also ‘ Travellers in the Third Reich by Julia Boyd - tremendous

Startedin82 likes this.
  6. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

The World @ War - v powerful and the televised version - superb music

Startedin82 likes this.
  7. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Bitter Orange by Clare Fuller . Err I finished it but parts I hated and yet on the whole I felt it was accomplished - make sense ?

8. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

‘The Five ‘by Hallie Rubenfold . The lives of the women murdered by Jack the Ripper . Fabulous social history but heart stoppingly bleak . A truly tremendous read

9. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Talking to myself emoji ;) ' Curtain Call ' - Anthony Quinn. My book of the year to date . Superb.