1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are you reading at the moment?

Discussion in 'Book club' started by BadBunny, Apr 1, 2008.

1. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Excellent Theo . I am not alone !

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Just the two of you . . .

[​IMG]

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

3. maurice-r

maurice-r Established commenter

It can't be as boring.

I'm halfway through JK Rowling's adult debut, The Casual Vacancy: not quite convincing and overdone, but I'll see it through.

4. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

The 'train' series by David Downing. I read some out of sequence so read them all in order again on holiday.

Zoo Station begins in what was then Danzig (now Gdansk) just before WW2

Stettin Station - first years of the war until involvement of the US.

Potsdam Station - entry of the Red Army to Berlin

Lehrter Station - the aftermath

Masaryk Station - Tying up loose ends

The series is a historically accurate but fictional espionage story and although centred around Berlin involves other places. The lead character is a British born American citizen living in Berlin with a German ex-wife and son and a German girlfriend. In the first book he becomes involved as a double agent, although unequivocally anti-Nazi he shows sympathy with different points of view. An excellent series.

5. Mexicola

Mexicola New commenter

Thought I'd try and revive this thread - I'm two-thirds of the way through Moby Dick. It's brutal!

6. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

'Moby Dick ' is mentioned in Andy Miller's 'The Year of Reading Dangerously' - he compares it to 'The Davinci Code ' -honest. Just finished the new Mark Billongham ' Die of Shame ' it was ok . Have 'A Little Life ' on my shelf but just reading ' Trust No one ' Claire Donoghue - not really feeling it to be honest ....

7. Inspirit

Inspirit Occasional commenter

Have just read first of this trilogy... Wondering if the scene to which you refer is the same one that had that effect on me? (Your user name suggests it might be.)