1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are you offering instead of Edexcel GCE Applied ICT

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by msa969, Oct 12, 2015.

1. msa969

msa969 New commenter

We will no longer be offering Edexcel GCE Applied ICT so I am researching on alternative courses.

We are looking AQA Technical either networking or system support as we offer AS/A2 Computing so therefore not thinking of offering AQA programming technical. I know this will appear on the school league table so therefore one reason of choosing it.

It will be good to hear what other teachers are doing and their reasons?

2. Charlie W

Charlie W New commenter

Not sure yet. Thinking about Edexcel's new BTEC Nationals for 2016 as they're probably the closest thing to the Applied ICT A-level, but we've never done BTEC courses before, so it needs further investigating.

3. msa969

msa969 New commenter

Not sure about BTEC I don't think it will have the cachet with our students as it will be seen as inferior

4. uselessnerdII

uselessnerdII New commenter

Cambridge Technicals ICT L3 Introductory Diploma. The first couple of units are a bit of a slog, and depending on your moderator the assessment process can be a bit of a nightmare, but nowhere near as awful as the UMS grade conversion nightmare of edexcel, am delighted to have binned them off, absolute merchant bankers!

5. msa969

msa969 New commenter

like uselessnerdII I tought the Cambridge technical L3 would be easy to covert for UMS