1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are you loving food-wise at the moment?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by egyptgirl, Mar 18, 2011.

1. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

At the moment, I love M&S salted caramel filled milk chocolate. I have a bar in my bag and its calling out to me...it wants to be eaten!
    I'm also loving noodles at the minute. I've got a massive bowl of noodle salad in the fridge which I keep picking at - also makes for an excellent lunch (although I have to hide away in my classroom when eating it because I cannot eat noodles attractively!).
    What about everyone else?

2. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Salt n Vinegar Discos [​IMG]
    Gentleman's Relish on toasted English muffins.
    My mum's Seville orange marmalade
    The rice bread I baked loads of last weekend because of a serious amount of leftover cooked rice, toasted with too much butter
    The carrot and walnut cake someone bought into work today (got some to take home, too!)

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Everything. I am so non-fussy and very greedy so eat anything, anytime.
    I am psrticularly looking forward to the slow roasted rare fillet of beef, followed by almond and rhubarb cake with rhubarb ripple ice cream, that In shall be preparing for guests on Sunday [​IMG]

4. ooooh - rhubarb and almond cake. That sounds good Belle. Would you share the recipe?
    I'm doing roast venison and was dithering about a pud.

5. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Labneh and toasted pitta bread...mmmm

6. I'm not sure whether it's down to laziness or just because it's so comforting and lovely but I seem to be eating loads of cheese on toast at the moment. Even more delicious when the toast is rubbed with garlic before adding the cheese. And of course there has to be freshly ground black pepper on top. A fantastic snack any time of day!

7. Fresh figs.
    I think I am addicted.

8. Healthy and nutritious(ish)
    My casseroles full of veg and tender braising steak.
    Wheat and seed wraps (on there own or with ham filling)
    Not so healthy
    Moroccan chicken flatbread from Tesco when in a hurry
    THose nasty, over processed chocolate sundaes you can buy in the supermarkets.

9. My butcher threw some chicken livers in for free with a recent shop and as a marketing ploy it worked, as I have bought chicken livers every time since. I love them curried: it is my comfort food, as my Mum used to do liver curry especially for me as a 'cheer me up' if I was ever run down. I thnik it must be the umami.

10. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

I'm sure there's a chicken liver thread on here somewhere, yallop- try a search of the forum. I loooove chicken livers, too. My father tells me that I went daft for them, even as a baby (they didn't know not to feed babies on livers in the black and white days of yore)

11. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Yummm...love chicken livers. Normally have them with bacon on toast, or with bacon, peas and mint...must try curried, sounds great.

12. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

13. With our long, cool, wet summer, peaches and nectarines seem to go on forever. Just loving a fresh white peach at breakfast time with whatever else - maybe cereal, maybe toast. Beautiful.