1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are you looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by coffeekid, Feb 16, 2020.

1. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

It's grim out there, and the awful weather really brings me down. However, at least I can look forward to spring, summer, and the kinder weather. I always feel happier and healthier in the warmer months.
    In the short term, I'm looking forward to a delivery of oil paints next week. Cadmium orange, cobalt violet, Indian yellow, Burnt Umber ... can't wait to sniff them and use them.

BelleDuJour, colpee, Alice K and 5 others like this.
  2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Lots of good football matches at the end of the season.

Mostly though I'm looking forward to getting a new second hand bike and then going on my nightly circuit when the evenings get lighter and the weather gets a bit warmer.

3. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I'm also looking forward to going up to Yorkshire tomorrow by train to see my folks. I haven't done that train journey for over a decade.

Norsemaid, Lalad, primarycat and 2 others like this.
  4. sodalime

sodalime Lead commenter

Common theme here already, light and warmth. Me too.

5. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

hmmm - summer holidays :) and before that going away for a couple of days at Easter. And attempting a marathon in May

6. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Oo, @Corvuscorax - is it the Edinburgh one? My older sister did it a couple of years ago and is going to do it again in May. She's coming all the way from Felixstowe for it. She tried to convince me to enter, but I just laughed.

Alice K and Lalad like this.
  7. Corvuscorax

I m the exact opposite. I find hot weather dulling and oppressive. I love the cold and rain. Makes me feel awake. ( obviously I don't like seeing what these floods are doing to people- slightly less rain would be acceptable)

8. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Light mornings and evenings and warm(er) weather. That’ll do me.

9. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

It's the wind and the lack of light quality I find the worst about this time of year. The cold I can deal with. @Corvuscorax
    When I was a child and a teenager, I hated summer and the sun. Now I need it.

Alice K, nomad and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Corvuscorax

You should have a go! Its takes a long time to get ready, but its great fun

coffeekid likes this.
  11. Corvuscorax

Have you tried those light boxes?

12. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Nah - I get down in the winter, but not enough for a light box.

13. Corvuscorax

how much do they cost? It might be worth it if it stops you feeling down

14. Corvuscorax

maybe I need a shade box for the summer :cool:

nizebaby likes this.
  15. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

They're expensive! I looked into it. But what I experience is just winter blues. It passes - even five minutes of sun helps.

Alice K, nomad and Corvuscorax like this.
  16. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

When I was a kid, I used to lie on the porch tiles. Shady, cold and dark. Do you have something similar in the house? :)

17. Bedlam3

Bedlam3 Star commenter

I have a light box but I find it too strong so don't use it much. I don't think it's worth buying one. A daily walk is better.

nomad and coffeekid like this.
  18. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I am looking forward to more time at home in daylight. Dog walks are more pleasant when you don't need a head torch. Less mud would also be good. When the mud levels drop we will be able to take the dogs back to the enclosed field that we book for them. I love to watch them run.

Yesterday I booked a meal in a restaurant we have been meaning to try for ages. I am very much looking forward to that.

19. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Going on delayed holiday on Tuesday.

Curse you Dennis!

20. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

coffeekid likes this.