1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are you learning about at the moment?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lilachardy, Nov 8, 2015.

1. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I'm learning all sorts of things to do with my new job, which is really enjoyable and reminds me of when I was an NQT.
    I'm also learning some psychology and that's fascinating too.

So what are you learning at the moment?

2. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

About mosaics in Norman cathedrals. They're (to me, anyway) surprisingly modern in their imagery.

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Assistive technologies

4. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

Nothing at the moment. Feeling very large.

5. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I've been doing some learning on working therapeutically with people at risk of sexual offending to enable accreditation in that area.

I've just transferred to our new drug contract so plenty of learning there.

I've been shadowing one of the induction training modules in my company with a view to delivering it and I'm just starting an NVQ in team leadership and management.

6. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Every day I learn a little something. But then I find I've forgotten something I already knew. :(

Noja and kibosh like this.
  7. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Safer recruiting.

8. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

upload_2015-11-8_20-5-18.jpeg

monicabilongame and kibosh like this.
  9. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

I have just finished an MA and started to learn a new language. I also spent the weekend with other people learning how to make my own clothes.

monicabilongame and kibosh like this.
  10. josienig

josienig Star commenter

Currently learning that Monday morning is fast approaching.
    Otherwise, learning a good bit from a student teacher about incorporating technology into my classroom..I do use it but she's giving me lots of helpful tips on how to manage it more succinctly.
    I am helping her with tips on how to cope when technology fails.

Camokidmommy likes this.
  11. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

Philosophy. But it's just an impulse-buy book.

12. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

Bach - however, I have forgotten what is is called. And Debussy. Bit of Joplin. That I have old fingers that ache.

ScotSEN and monicabilongame like this.
  13. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

Not learnng about but learning to knit gloves.

14. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I'm learning all sorts of things about the elderly at the moment. Stuff about the ailments they can suffer from and possible remedies that get prescribed, albeit mostly they seem to be palliative.

I'm learning that in the main, elderly people are kinder to each other than the young and that a conversation with someone who listens can make the difference between having a good day or a miserable one.

I've learned that the stairway to Heaven isn't something many couldn't cope with without a stair lift.

rouxx and ScotSEN like this.
  15. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

The 2nd soprano part of Dona Nobis Pacem by Vaughan Williams, Requiem by John Rutter, The Music Makers by Elgar.
    Also learning how hard it is to get anyone new to come and have a go at singing in our choir. Number of new people recruited by me = 0 :(

16. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I'm learning German at an evening class.

I'm finding out how to repair, restore, and clean old bric-a-brac items - a new challenge presents itself almost every week.

I've been dabbling with some old technologies to find out more about how they worked. Two of my jobs relate to it.

17. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

studying Fu Cheng . 'The art of war' and applying it to my business model.When i have time learning how to make a good job at sewing machining.
    Learning how to get scooter moving,what to see in Berlin,how to do photography better....and worst of all how to assemble a door in which all the slats have dropped out and they appear to short to put back together. :(

18. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

I'm looking on the internet to see if I can learn how to build a raised bed from stone. At the moment it's looking doubtful.

19. oldsomeman

Are you talking about dry stone walling?
    if so search in that area but basically its working for biggest to smallest ,to a line and infilling the gapps with smaller stone.
    Look ini DiY or dry stone walling sites

20. oldsomeman