1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are you doing tonight?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Dunteachin, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

It's New Year's Eve, of course. Partying or hiding under the bedclothes until it's gone away?
    We shall walk up to the local pub where there's a DJ from 9pm and a hot supper. I don't know how long we'll stand it for.

Very best wishes for 2016 to you all! Xx

cissy3, Vince_Ulam and Sillow like this.
  2. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

We will pop into a local pub for a drink but it will probably be so busy we won't stay too long. We'll be at home, reading a book each with a hot drink in bed by 11pm. I shall probably try and sleep before midnight (trying to get my body back into term-time mode as I quickly get used to being up late), but will probably be woken up by celebrations. Old before my time, I know!

Happy new year to all, though. I hope 2016 is fabulous for you!

aspensquiver_2 and Dunteachin like this.
  3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

We were supposed to be going to friends, but now both down with 'the bug' will just be an early night for us. Tomorrow is the start of a New Year so let's hope it starts with some better health!
    We have just had a lovely New Year's phone call ) a whole hour as it's a special occasion) with friends who live out in Sicily, so that's started the celebrations off- and no danger of passing any bug on to them over the phone.;)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    Dunteachin likes this.
  4. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Nowt. It's just another day.

Daughter #1 is coming. Sans enfants. So that'll be Prosecco time. I shan't stay up. Bed and book for me. What daughter and wife do? Up to them.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  5. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

We are doing the same as we have for the past 30+ years. We take it in turns with another couple to host the New Years Eve dinner, the guest couple bring lunch for the following day. Sometimes another couple are invited and during the child rearing years we had supper for them too. It is great fun and a good way to start the new year. Hapoy New Year to all!.

sabrinakat and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  6. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Nowt - it's just another Thursday night here. Later, of course, we'll be trying to calm a dog terrified by seemingly endless fireworks set off by people who claim they don't have enough money to pay their bills (snark, snark).

7. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Staying in ...as always..... prepping tomorrow's meal (turkey again) Trying to keep the dogs happy. Hate the damn fireworks!! MrREMfan won't be home from work till 10 30pm - early finish....

8. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I'll be doing nothing out of the ordinary. Probably in bed by 10pm.

9. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I shall see the new year in on my own (probably) drink a little, eat a little and then sleep. I have never really rated new year celebration, prefer Christmas.
    Happy healthy and prosperous new year to all:)

10. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

:(:mad:
    Give him an extra cuddle from me.
    I remember spending one 5th November with the dog too terrified by fireworks to go outside but desperate for a poo and knowing it wasn't allowed indoors. I wonder if people realise the anxiety and stress they cause.

Middlemarch likes this.
  11. Middlemarch

It's a she, Flere-Imsaho, but I will and thank you!

12. aspensquiver_2

aspensquiver_2 Senior commenter

Well, there is the possibility of a real torchlight procession....mmmm....tempting.

13. aspensquiver_2

Happy 2016!

[​IMG]

14. aspensquiver_2

But not in the Burgh. Tooooooo much.

15. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

not doing anything. all of our crowd is dispersing across the country this year, and we never got organised enough to do anything. having said that, we're both bunged up with lurg and probably won't be any good for anything.

16. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I will stay up to see the New Year in again, raise a small toast to it i a single malt and then tootle off to bed

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  17. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

First NYE in the new (to us) house. Hope there won't be too many bloody fireworks but our dogs are fairly chillaxed anyway.

But it's still jolly BAD FORM.

18. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

We are in looking after a dog who hates the fireworks too. I am glad that we don't have anyone coming over because I have come down with a painful ear infection. There will be good food and plenty of booze - if I feel like drinking.

19. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

I did pick up some prosecco and a tesco meal deal (steak!), so a quiet night in with toddler. I've done the NYC Times Square thang, was in San Francisco for the millennium, etc (another time returning to Dublin with 11 screaming babies (one of whom was mine)), so I prefer quiet! MrSK likes Jooles (sp) Holland's Hootenanny (sp) so that will be put on about 11.45.

PS. I have a bad cold as well....

20. Middlemarch

Don't let the toddler have too much Prosecco, sabrinakat - I'm told it's not good for them in large quantities. :D

sabrinakat, Lara mfl 05 and kibosh like this.