1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are you doing today?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4046, May 28, 2011.

1. I've had a GREAT day so far. St Columba's Hospice shop on Leith Walk are having a massive vintage sale - I've bought some lovely items, including a sage green tweed jacket for the man, and a lovely 70s mandarin jacket for myself. I literally could have spent hours in there, despite the fact it was full of crazed women pretending they weren't trying to push in front of each other, smiling tightly and muttering 'Oh so sorry', as they elbowed me out of the way of dainty crockery they had their beady little eyes on...

You?

2. I am having a day of doing nothing at all. I woke up early, had a shower, got dressed and sat down on the sofa. Have not moved since! Am enjoying watching tv and not feeling guilty for doing so [​IMG]

Am in denial though....as I know I have a mountain of work to do, including report writing!

3. Oo, nice. Everyone deserves a day of doing nothing and not feeling guilty. Especially if they work all the rest of the week. :)

4. lrw22

lrw22 Occasional commenter

Doing nothing at all, just watching a DVD. Am feeling guilty though as my flat looks like a bit of pig sty and the plan for today was cleaning and tidying. Just can't get motivated to do it!!

5. Relaxing!

My baby's due in 10 days time, so I'm enjoying the peace whilst my husband takes the children for a day out.

I should probably start cleaning at some point though...

6. It's the weekend though! You shouldn't feel guilty.

7. So far today I have sat and played The Sims 2.
    About to get off my backside and go and start cleaning and clearing the kitchen.
    Maybe.

8. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

I'vehad the gas man round to give me a quote, been to the post office to pick up a dress from ebay which doesn't fit! Grr. Done my shop and put on a washing.
    That's it for the day. Intend on slobbing for the rest of the day now

9. Cleaning-schmeening.

10. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Had a lie in. Pootled into town and had my eyelashes & eyebrows dyed (also eyebrow wax).
    Came home and had a cup off coffee and 2 poached eggs on toast.
    Fed the dog.
    Currently listening to the dulcet tones of husband's snoring from above and mentally chastising myself for not getting up off my **** and tackling the long 'to do' list that's taunting me.
    I really need a shove...

11. anon468

anon468 New commenter

OF OF OF OF OF OF OF OF
    Before the spelling stasi pounce on me.

12. y9840125

y9840125 Occasional commenter

I have been into town for a reading of the morning paper and the TES, tidied my kitchen and am now intermittantly reading Jane Eyre. I feel very tired by this short term; its been incredibly hard work and although I feel guilty for not cracking on with marking and planning, I am going to take these two days off!!!

13. B***er all. Have made it as far as Waitrose for bacon, the paper and tonight's dinner. The joy of not having to do a weekly shop in Saturday supermarket scrum; aaaaahhhhhhhhhh, bliss. Will run a long bath and retire with the aforementioned paper soon.

14. I was supposed to be spending the day in London with a close friend who I haven't seen in 3 months, but her train is hugely delayed so she won't be arriving til later on! Annoying but at least she is still coming :) We will spend the evening eating Marks and Spencer's food and having a good, girly gossip, can't wait!

15. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I started the day by getting to bed at 2am following far too much champagne last night. I've since spent most of it looking for my head, as some bastard stole it in the night. It has since been returned but has been badly damaged!
    Following that I've remained superglued to the sofa, which is bad news as I've yet to get to Sainsbury's (deep joy....not!), feed the dobbins and the dogs, do some laundry and pack for my weekend away (oh, and go to the neighbour's tonight for a bbq and, hopefully, not a repeat of last night's festivities!)

16. lizgaskell

lizgaskell New commenter

still in PJs!
    Washing machine on third cycle, read yesterday's paper (?) going to clean and hoover house then out to dinner tonight- blissful.
    Promised myself that Tuesday I will plan for next half term- but maybe I won't.
    Have a great break folks, we're worth it.

Liz

17. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Manee.....'to do' lists are there to taunt you. That is their purpose. Never are they to be done! [​IMG]

18. Pottering in the garden. Amusing the dog. Avoiding the huge pile of bottles and other recycling.

19. Watched grand prix qualifying, planted some plants in the garden and now about to complete my year 6 Sats marking!
    Yay what a day!
    Champions league final tonight though!

20. Well had a slow, but early start. Went to market (to buy a fat pig, home again, home again, jiggy, jiggy)
    Went to the bank expecting to be paid but haven't .
    Coffee at friends who was telling me all the things she got cheap from Focus who are closing down (and I haven't been paid yet grrrrr!)
    Packed for my holiday hoping it will be hot and panicked when I couldn't find my euros which were on the floor next to case dooooh!
    Can anyone come around and water my plants?
    *La Maddalena is out the office*