1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are you doing last day of term?

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by woolyma, Jul 20, 2011.

1. We have a supply teacher in and 30 very excitable children in reception. We are meant to be cleaning outside toys then having family asssembly at 3. Anyone doing something more exciting? Hope you all have a great summer and a well deserved rest.

2. We have a supply teacher in and 30 very excitable children in reception. We are meant to be cleaning outside toys then having family asssembly at 3. Anyone doing something more exciting? Hope you all have a great summer and a well deserved rest.

3. picsgirl

picsgirl New commenter

Our last day was today - I work afternoons as a 1:1 TA in nursery and my contract finished today.
    In the morning there was an all school assembly to bye to year 6 and the staff who are leaving (I didn't go- wish I had now). Then all the staff had an extended lunch in the staff room - we all brought food in.
    The afternoon was a bit odd - I was doing my usual job but the others TA's were busy cleaning and preparing for next year whilst the children played outside. I didn't realy get to speak to anyone much and had to leave on time so that I could be at the gate to greet my son who is in year 6 (as it was his last day- where did the years go). So I only got to say bye to the nursery team and a few other staff.
    9 years as a parent and PTA member and a year as a TA - all over.
    No luck getting a new job yet - I've put my name down for suppy work.

4. That shared lunch sounds like a great idea - might suggest it next July. Good luck with finding a new job - now that you have worked at the school and they know you who knows what might come up with the new intake. All the TA's at our school don't know what they will be doing or how many hours they will be working in September, makes for a bit of a worrying summer break.

5. No goodbye card, flowers and thanks?

6. picsgirl

picsgirl New commenter

Yes, had a gift & card from the nursery team earlier in the week - we all met up for a meal too (just our team), then a bunch of flowers from the school and a bunch of flowers from the parents of the 1:1 child I looked after.
    I had to dust the cob webs off my vases.[​IMG]
    Have a good summer.

7. Wed ~ In school was a dvd morning then Y6 performance for KS2 in afternoon. In the evening the year team met up at a local italian [instead of getting end of year prezzies]
    Thur ~ Party day for the childre. games and party food. Jacob's feast in staffroom for all staff. People bring in a variety of foods and we all eat together.

Fri ~ Y6 performance for parents with refreshments after in the morning. In the afternoon all staff put on a show [dancing, singing ~ acting like fools] fo rthe children, they love it. Then at 3:40 straight to the pub.......