1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are you doing for D&T week? Also your views on getting people in...

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by missglovestea, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Hi, as our numbers for GCSE seem to be dwindling I am a woman on a mission to get students inspired again!
    I aim to address the issue of D&T in all lessons as well as (hopefully) taking my year 8's out on a trip to get them thinking (just waiting for approval)
    One idea that DATA recommended was getting designers in to talk to students? After seeing an author talk to year 9 last week and enthuse them, this is something I would love to do, but have no idea where to start, can anybody help me?

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Get in touch with local companies. Maybe even see if they can bring a 'real' (live if possible) brief in if you're looking at advertising. Have you seen the website 'made' they seem to have some nice stuff on maybe you could try them? Or one of the independant sellers who go through notonthehighstreet.com, they're quite small in terms of status but may be more willing to help.
    Where abouts are you based? x