1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

what are you allowed to do while off with stress?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Chitara, Jan 28, 2015.

1. jen2049

jen2049 New commenter

I’ve been signed off for the last few weeks with stress after lots of illnesses, burn out and panic attacks. I was out today and saw a member of staff with my school and I’m feeling anxious that whilst i don’t look ‘ill’, that she might say something to SLT. I have good parts of the day and bad parts. I’m trying so much to manage it myself and having all sorts of hospital appointments to see if there’s anything more sinister due to the pains I’ve been getting. What do you do in the situation where you see someone from work when you’re out and about??

ATfan likes this.
  2. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

Tell your colleague the truth. That you're off long-term sick. Reasons why are between you, your GP, your leaders and possibly OH! :) Who cares what she thinks? You've got a form from your GP saying not fit to work atm. If she's a close colleague, she will just be concerned for you. By the way, I do know what you mean as I felt the same when this happened to me but you really do have nothing to worry about! Just do what your GP recommended to feel better! Hope this post helps!