1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are Year 6 teachers doing after SATS?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by EBD35, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Hummerston

Hummerston New commenter

Hi, Is anyone using the Numeracy Transition from Year 6 to Year 7 Mathematics units.? The units date from 2002 and as I am new to year 6 I don't know if they are still current or if they have been superceeded by something else. Thanks for your help on this.

2. Love your ideas caffeine_queen, any chance you can upload your plans on the resources section? I've got 4 days supply with a yr6 class the week after Sats. I've been told that there's no planning but that I can do anything I like. What an offer! Any suggestions gratefully received.

3. I'm a TES magazine writer and was about to post a thread asking this very question -- would any of you mind telling me a bit more about your plans/what your school does and so on for a feature we're hoping to run? It would be fantastic to share some of your ideas. Please contact me on susan.young@tes.co.uk

4. Hi, i'm planning to have popcorn and films party on Friday afternoon then a round the world week before half term, lots of art, dance etc different country per half day ending with a Round the world food tasting party and fancy dress on Friday afternoon. Then after the half term it's sort of business as usual. We will be doing a Viking/Saxon project focus across all subjects eg making slippers in DT, Beowulf/Norse myths in literacy etc, plus kensukes kingdom transition unit and maths transition stuff-emphasis on "fun" maths and science investigations

5. Dazza d - are u in a catholic school?

6. Not at all - why do you ask?

7. Try" Edgy productions" for end of year shows. Brilliant!