1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are u getting ready for sep?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by EC54, Aug 7, 2007.

1. i'm starting at a new school in sep. I have bought/made resources for my classroom, read the old planning files (no plans/no resources). I have a class list but no groupings. Have visited the classroom to get an idea of what i need and what's left there.

What are you doing to be ready for September?
    Is there anything i should be doing?

2. i'm starting at a new school in sep. I have bought/made resources for my classroom, read the old planning files (no plans/no resources). I have a class list but no groupings. Have visited the classroom to get an idea of what i need and what's left there.

What are you doing to be ready for September?
    Is there anything i should be doing?

3. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Relaxing, and making sure I'm as fit & well as possible ready to start the new term when it arrives

4. What I've done so far is :-
    1) outlined long term (yearly) plans and how all the subjects & topics fit together
    2) a termly overview for foundation subjects
    3) looked at the first two units of the new framework literacy and make basic plans - I won't go further until I've met the children properly and assessed their needs.
    4) I've also prepared my record files - reading, assessment & tracking, SEN

I've worked my socks off getting this far in the last two weeks and now feel very organised... I'm sure I've missed soemthing drastic though!

5. Thanks B_FJS, some good tips. I don't know if my new school is following the new framworks - They didn't get that far in the interview. ?!.

Any other advice?

6. Bump!

7. Errm I am feeling a little panicky after reading this thread. I have not done anything specific as of yet due to spending the last week or more house hunting. I look at many teachers and they seem to be coming back the night before term so thought starting yesterday was ok. Not so sure now. :-/

Could someone possible make a list of things i should get done... I am worried now.

I am guessing things like homework folders, naming books, getting backing up on the wall, planning for the first few weeks...

8. hammie

hammie Senior commenter

panic ye not!
    Get your mark book, table lists etc ready.
    most time consuming is display boards in my experience.
    Have some basic activities ready, guided reading planned for a few days.
    Mainly i find doing some things that get my brain going again and me back into the swing, most of the rest you will get done, but next weekend might well be a bit busy!

9. New literacy framework? Like, new new? As in, not the one that was new 3 years ago?

10. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Published in 2006 so 5 years ... doesn't time fly?

11. I have done as little as possible.....

12. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

This thread has been dug up from four years ago. So it probably was new at the time.

13. Thank god for that, I didn't look at the dates. I just assumed that something had happened within the world of literacy and I'd managed to sleep through it all!