1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

What are they asking for? What do i include?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Kidders, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Kidders

Kidders New commenter

I thought i knew what the post was requiring in terms of an application, however now i am not so sure... They say: please apply by letter of application, enclosing a current C.V and application form. The application form has on it a blank section entitled Supporting information, where it advises you to include evidence of how you meet the essential and desirable criteria set out in the person spec. It adds: tell us about things you have been responsible for or involved in, what you have achieved and feedback given. Include examples form paid and unpaid work or other activities you have undertaken in your personal life that are relevant to the job. Include information about why you want the job and anything else you wish to add. . . . . My Q is- Is this 'supporting information' the letter of application? And if so should i start with Dear Mr X and include my address etc (even though it is a section of a larger application form and has a border thingy around it?!) Q2> ALSO , should I include an additional sheet on the executive statement, or is this it? . . . Q3> Do i include a covering letter along with everything else, or no need?

2. Kidders

Kidders New commenter

I thought i knew what the post was requiring in terms of an application, however now i am not so sure... They say: please apply by letter of application, enclosing a current C.V and application form. The application form has on it a blank section entitled Supporting information, where it advises you to include evidence of how you meet the essential and desirable criteria set out in the person spec. It adds: tell us about things you have been responsible for or involved in, what you have achieved and feedback given. Include examples form paid and unpaid work or other activities you have undertaken in your personal life that are relevant to the job. Include information about why you want the job and anything else you wish to add. . . . . My Q is- Is this 'supporting information' the letter of application? And if so should i start with Dear Mr X and include my address etc (even though it is a section of a larger application form and has a border thingy around it?!) Q2> ALSO , should I include an additional sheet on the executive statement, or is this it? . . . Q3> Do i include a covering letter along with everything else, or no need?

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

The supporting info. is additional information which you'd like the prospective employer to know about you, which doesn't already feature on the form.
    No you shouldn't write a letter, either bullet points or paragraphs with sub-headings.( Remember to address the job spec here!)
    The letter of application is usually just a short letter saying you would like to apply for post ..... at x school, possibly a short part about why this post is particularly attractive & that you include the relevant form to submit your application.
    Hope that's clear! (Theo will no doubt explain better).