1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are these 'hubs'?

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by Maths_Shed, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Maths_Shed

Maths_Shed Occasional commenter

I've received emails asking for resources for a TES maths hub and another about a TES STEAM hub, is this just another promotional gimmick or are TES trying something new and actually vetting resources that go on there?

I assume there's an English hub, Geography hub etc?

The emails give very little detail.

mathsmutt and mrajlong like this.
  2. CurriculumForAutism

CurriculumForAutism Occasional commenter

I've had the same emails, but have no idea what this about.

mrajlong likes this.
  3. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

Hi @Maths_Shed @CurriculumForAutism & everyone :)

We have introduced special interest hubs to drive attention into focused areas on the Tes website. These are new spaces and we welcome your feedback. We don't offer full curriculum coverage yet so we would love to hear your ideas on where you feel we should focus our next move.

Some more details:
    • These areas receive dedicated marketing campaigns where the content is promoted to relevant teacher audiences
    • All content that goes into these special interest hubs is quality assured & we aim to highlight some of the best materials that teacher-authors have got to offer
    • We see that teacher interest is strong in these areas & teachers are more likely to go on and download the free and paid content which is showcased in this way
    • Don't forget, well-combined free and paid content establishes strong interest for teachers who want to get a feel for what is available, and go on to buy materials which offer added-value
    • Our emails are intended to encourage teacher-authors like you to add materials they believe offer high quality, good value for money and provides a compelling reason for teachers to want to buy from you
    The GCSE Maths hub is all about driving up the visibility of high-quality paid and free content, tailored to topics in the new syllabus.

Likewise, the STEAM hub delivers the same, but gives you a broader brief for working in relevant subjects. We encourage you to take a look through these spaces, feedback on them here or via authors@tes.com and of course, add your latest resources to the site :)

We work with authors to encourage them to add new resources to Tes regularly as our data analysts can see that teachers frequently seek out fresh resources. As with any promos or features, we consider existing materials on Tes for inclusion too but want to support authors with opportunities for their new materials. We hope, with your help, to continue this effort as we develop these hubs for our teacher audiences, giving them access to the best materials on Tes.

mracdpresent likes this.
  4. Maths_Shed

Maths_Shed Occasional commenter

Cheers, will resources already uploaded be considered, can they be resubmitted? I spend a lot of time producing a single resource so don't have the volume to benefit were I to produce lots of smaller resources.

mathsmutt likes this.
  5. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

I wouldn't hold my breath when it comes to being promoted - most of my best sellers are not Tes recommended OR ever been promoted other than by myself.

6. CurriculumForAutism

CurriculumForAutism Occasional commenter

I've just had a look at the GCSE Maths hub- 11 out of 16 resources on the main page are free

7. thinkypublishing

thinkypublishing Occasional commenter

Me neither. I did spot certain resources being promoted on Facebook ads yesterday. I'd be interested to know how these are selected too.

8. tesAuthorTeam

@Maths_Shed @mrajlong yes all resources are up for consideration but if there's any specific materials you'd like to consider in the context of the hubs it's no harm to nominate those directly! Drop us a note at authors@tes.com or fill out the form in the email.

@CurriculumForAutism yes which is why we're calling out for more paid to complement this free offering then there'll be plenty more featured there :)

9. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

Can we search within the hub or is it just by age or subject?

iGCSE101 and mathsmutt like this.
  10. nick_redshaw

nick_redshaw Occasional commenter

Never had a TES recommend yet - bit ANNOYED somebody has posted 3 FREE Resources - one already TES recommended it a JOKE....sorry Mr Positive is feeliy slighty.....Nick x

11. tesAuthorTeam

@TheGingerTeacher The latter, the hubs are listed by age & subject/topic but any 'more resources' links will take you into filtered searches and all relevant existing and new content will also appear in those and be searchable - hope that helps!

12. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Wouldn't worry Nick. My best selling resource has sold 342 times, has 8 five star reviews and has earned me £1287 to date. It is still not Tes recommended! Why is isn't is a mystery to me...surely it should be pretty high on the top sellers list. Hey-ho! :rolleyes:

mathsmutt likes this.