1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are the things you love most about teaching?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Teacherteacher12345, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Idy1

Idy1 New commenter

When a lesson goes really well and all the children are engaged : there is no better feeling. It's also nice when all books are marked and up-to-date.

2. celago22

celago22 Occasional commenter

Being able to leave early on a Friday and not feel guilty about it!

3. ActiveChief

ActiveChief New commenter

Creating imaginative lessons that engage children and capture their imagination, without compromising on the rigour required for academic excellence.

4. SteffenCarter

SteffenCarter New commenter

Teaching is one of the most enjoyable things I've ever done.
    Teaching providing opportunity and changing lives, Building Relationships, Lifelong Learning and many other things.

5. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Easter Holidays. Summer Holidays. Christmas Holidays.
    Half Term Holidays. Leavers' Service - smiling away, knowing I never have to deal with certain faces and their parents ever again (unless they have younger siblings, of course....)

BTBAM85 and BetterNow like this.
  6. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

How lovely to arrive on this discussion and hear so many nice things about teaching. We mainly hear about the other things on here. I loved teaching, and I knew I wanted to teach from the day I started school. Now, well retired and almost 78, I am still very involved with teachers and their children because I've written 1,360 poems for children and today I'm adding lots more voice recordings. My poems go out from my websites to 188 countries and children of all languages (yes and English too) benefit from just listening to poems. So I do keep one foot in the teaching world and hope I always will do so. I taught for 30 years and if you asked me to go back to a happy day, it would be a day in my classroom.

7. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

It is really nice to discover a happy discussion on here. Nice too to know that others, like myself, are/were happy teaching.

8. directindirectspeech

directindirectspeech New commenter

Well, teaching is one of the most critical and challenging task. So far what I have experienced in my around a decade of teaching service, you have to understand the psyche of your little student.You have wear his shoes. You have to understand the child first. I have been teaching English to various strata of students for more than five years. And, to me, one who is planning to have an education career, must question, first of all, his own aptitude and understanding. Otherwise, one would simply be a waste of not only his time but the time of students as well.

Regards!

9. SUPER.SUPPLY

SUPER.SUPPLY Occasional commenter

The children only. And knowing that you are going to undergo your very last ofsted inspection before you leave after half term. I will teach and enjoy teaching as i have not done in the last 2 years. Im going for broke and doing what the hell i want to (as things should be taught!!!!)

10. shayne_smith

shayne_smith New commenter

The joy of learning.

11. Teaching is really a great ever joy one can ever have. In teaching one gets engaged with the students with great interest and aptitude. That's why, this profession is best ever profession of world

12. rach7

rach7 New commenter

Those moments that you can never explain or recreate that are just brilliant, the moments you have them in the palm of your hand because what you have planned and delivered has them on the edge of their seats, when you are all crying with laughter because fatigued was pronounced by a child in the most hysterical way ( and also appreciates the humour of the moment), when they spontaneously applaud when you read the next chapter of a book they love, they have driven me mad this year, but I love them x

13. bravenhill123

bravenhill123 New commenter

The holidays!

14. Holidays are best but love to study at night hours.

15. thara9643

thara9643 New commenter

The moment when a concept is finally mastered.
    And the stories.