1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are the responsabilities for HOD?

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by kathannam, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Hi, I have so far in my career completed 2 maternity covers in my M1 and M2 years. I am starting on M3 next year in a permenant job where the HOD is retiring. the only other member of staff in the department is on the SLT. I went in for inductionlast week and was told that once I am settled they would like me to take on the responsability of HOD, as the SLT member does not expect to be doing that as well as his SLT resposabilities for more than a year. So basically what I am asking is apart from the obvious things that you see a HOD doing on a day to day basis - what do you guys do? Thanks!

2. Hi, I have so far in my career completed 2 maternity covers in my M1 and M2 years. I am starting on M3 next year in a permenant job where the HOD is retiring. the only other member of staff in the department is on the SLT. I went in for inductionlast week and was told that once I am settled they would like me to take on the responsability of HOD, as the SLT member does not expect to be doing that as well as his SLT resposabilities for more than a year. So basically what I am asking is apart from the obvious things that you see a HOD doing on a day to day basis - what do you guys do? Thanks!