1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are the possibilities of teaching in the UK for a year?

Discussion in 'Overseas trained teachers' started by charleneaquilina, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Hi,
    I am a qualified Computing/IT teacher in Malta and would like to move to the north-west of the UK for one year (2011-2012) for personal reasons. What are the odds of finding a teaching job for such a time period and would you recommend I go for a supply or full-time teaching job?
    Any general suggestions would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks to all ... and wishing you all very happy holidays! :)

2. Hi,
    I am a qualified Computing/IT teacher in Malta and would like to move to the north-west of the UK for one year (2011-2012) for personal reasons. What are the odds of finding a teaching job for such a time period and would you recommend I go for a supply or full-time teaching job?
    Any general suggestions would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks to all ... and wishing you all very happy holidays! :)

3. silverfern

silverfern New commenter

Join an agency, who will be able to look out for temporary and/or supply jobs for you.
    Not sure which agencies cover the North West... Try Protocol.

4. Hello,

I reckon a supply teacher job would be best. But joining an agency is definitely worth it. I.T/Computing jobs are luckily in demand in this country so you should be able to find many posts.

Hope this helps.

5. Thanks a lot for your help!