1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are the floor standards/targets for KS2?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tammyround, May 14, 2012.

1. tammyround

tammyround New commenter

I have read on the internet that floor targets are as follow.
    60% L4+ Combined English and Maths
    86% making 2 levels of progress in English KS1 - KS2
    87% making 2 levels of progress in Maths KS1 - KS2
    But my head is sure that it is 86% L4+ combined English and Maths because of a change in targets and paperwork she has had through.
    Do you know what the floor targets are and do you have any links to a site which officially states this (to show head)? If it is 86%, that's fine. I just want to know either way for definate. Hate goalposts moving all the time.
    Thanks for any help! x

2. tammyround

tammyround New commenter

I have read on the internet that floor targets are as follow.
    60% L4+ Combined English and Maths
    86% making 2 levels of progress in English KS1 - KS2
    87% making 2 levels of progress in Maths KS1 - KS2
    But my head is sure that it is 86% L4+ combined English and Maths because of a change in targets and paperwork she has had through.
    Do you know what the floor targets are and do you have any links to a site which officially states this (to show head)? If it is 86%, that's fine. I just want to know either way for definate. Hate goalposts moving all the time.
    Thanks for any help! x

3. As far as I'm aware, the floor standards are as you've quoted above. There are rumblings about the florr standards changing to over 80%, but nothing has changed yet...I don't think.

4. tammyround

tammyround New commenter

Thank you! If anyone is aware of any links to official sites etc, I would be really grateful. x

5. You are correct except they just changed it so that English is not combined and pupils have to get level 4 in both reading and writing. The SPand G test will be reported but not used as judgement for floor targets.