1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

what are the current requirements for having a VLE?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by clm28, Mar 14, 2011.

1. I have recently taken over ICT within my school and I was told that one of the requirements for the school was to have a VLE. Within the past 2 weeks I have heard that it is no longer the case. Where can I find a document that has the up-to-date requirements for VLE?
    Thanks.

2. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

I am sorry that I can not answer your question in full, however I contacted the DFES a few months back about the requirements for an MLE and parental reporting. Their reply was that as BECTA had gone it was no longer a requirement at this moment in time. However I would suggest that you would be better off going to them to get the VLE answer rather from anonymous posters on here, altrhough I have to say that I think you would be foolish not to set one up as they have so many benefits for enabling kids to learn independently and to catch up on missing work.

3. Thank you , I will contact them. I do see the benefits of using one and I have been working on this, but I've been asked to find out what is required and I was unsure where to start.

4. I have developed a Moodle based VLE over the past year. It has helped raise standards in ICT GCSE and KS3.I have the extra satisfaction of watching the teachers of the "real subjects" e.g History and English struggle to add any work to the VLE- priceless. [​IMG]