1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are the biggest issues for primary education?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by rkiddy, Nov 24, 2015.

1. rkiddy

rkiddy New commenter

Hello all,

I am soon to have my interview to get onto a Primary Education PGCE (2016/7), I have been looking into issues within Primary Education but I don't want to focus on the wrong things. I'm planning on talking about the proposed changes in testing for Key Stage 2 children, but I just was hoping to gain some insight from others.

Any replies will help and be appreciated greatly,
    Thanks in advance!!

2. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

There isn't a right or wrong answer here - unless you talk about something that isn't actually a current issue. They want to know that you have an interest in teaching (enough to read up a little about current affairs relating to education), and they want to be sure you're not going into it with your eyes shut (thinking everything is still like it was when you were at school, for example). Read around TES and the education section of news websites (eg. BBC, Guardian), and pick out a few issues that interest you to read about in further depth. Good luck with your interview!

rkiddy likes this.
  3. rkiddy

rkiddy New commenter

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it :)