1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are the benefits of ICT in supporting Teaching and Learning

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by HumairaAzam, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    I am learning to teach in primary using ICT, I would like to know what are the benefits of ICT in supporting Teaching and learning and what are other teachers' experiences.

2. Hi all,
    I am learning to teach in primary using ICT, I would like to know what are the benefits of ICT in supporting Teaching and learning and what are other teachers' experiences.

3. Since this is the FE forum, you might be better off posting this over on Primary.

4. Hi?
    I have used ICT in teaching KS3 science and in SEN support and the benefits are numerous. Learners are more highly motivated when their learning is supported by ICT, they are more engaged in activities, show increased interest and demonstrate a longer attention span. ICT can provide access to a huge range of resources that are of high quality and relevant to learning. These range of materials could be in form of text, still and moving images and sound, and increases the variety of ways that the material can be used for whole class and individual learning. Ultimately use of ICT raises students performance. I would encourage that you try it.