1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are the 2012 writing tasks?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by applebottomjeans, Apr 28, 2012.

1. For the internally marked SAT, what are the two tasks? I know lots of schools in my LA (and I presume in others) have already opened theirs and will be preparing for the writing piece with a week's guided, shared, modelled writing so I would like to do the same.
    Does anyone know what the tasks are please?
    Also, should HTs be opening these, or is it some kind of breach?
    Thanks

2. Why prepare them for something that is only a back up to teacher assessment? If they got a level that is way off from their class work, you are doing no one any favours if you assess them at the higher level. It is also my understanding that the papers must be taken under normal test conditions, in other words, the papers must be opened on the same day as they take their test.
    We are doing the tests in testing week, under normal testing conditions.

3. cornflake

cornflake Established commenter

It's my understanding that papers must be administered under sats conditions - and papers should be secure ie it would not be a good idea to post details of the tasks here!

4. Agreed. Papers are not meant to be opened much less shared!

5. The 1st one is an application to become an academy.

6. tange

tange New commenter

Letter to the doctor to ask for valium.

7. sallymgoodman

sallymgoodman New commenter

Persuasive poem describing the joy of a class all achieving 2 sublevels progress.

8. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Short writing task: letter to Mr Gove telling him all the things he's doing right.
    Long writing task: explanation text of all the things Michael Gove is doing badly...

9. Short writing task: A letter of complaint about all this revision and how testing is, in actual fact, unhelpful for 10-11 year olds. (Spot the embedded clause)

Long writing task:A diary entry from a y6 teacher's perspective...A day in the life of a y6 teacher, now that would be an interesting read!

10. I wish there was a 'like' button. You've all made me chuckle. What a witty lot us y6 teachers are!

11. cozg

cozg New commenter

[​IMG] that made me chuckle. We seem to be one of the few schools who chose to do our internal test in the very last week we could. It seemed a really good idea at the time, months ago when we had to decide what to do before we had had any information on how the writing test and teacher assessment would need to be done this year. Knowing I've got to go back in 2 weeks and gear my Year 6 up to a final quality set of writing in the middle of Leaver's Assembly practices, Olympics sports day, leavers trip etc. is not a happy prospect. Wouldn't do it again so late!

12. we did it last week amid the Jubilee stuff - not good! Having said that l think next erm would be worse
    Good luck
    PM