1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are some çurrent educational issues?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by tdow, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Hi there, oh yes preparing for another PGCE primary interview and I have to prepare a presentation on a çurrent educational issue'and I am a bit swamped as to what to choose. Does anyone out there have any suggestions that could point in the right direction or where to look...

thank you

Tim

2. Hi there, oh yes preparing for another PGCE primary interview and I have to prepare a presentation on a çurrent educational issue'and I am a bit swamped as to what to choose. Does anyone out there have any suggestions that could point in the right direction or where to look...

thank you

Tim

3. The BBC education section is good at providing bitesize topics for you to look at. They also provide further reading suggestions and related articles if you wanted to research in more depth.
    I think the Free Schools 'epidemic' could be quite a contemporay topic to look at, would you like to work for a school which is run by an agenda set based by parents/other teachers/ industry etc. The rise of academies is also relevant and could be argued either way.
    I am personally interested in the role of ICT in the classroom and how we are making the curriculum engaging and relevant to media saturated children. I recently met a teacher who now runs an online academy- this sounded crazy to me but it could be the future?!
    I hope this helps :)