1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What are points?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by slingshotsally, Dec 11, 2015.

1. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

That's it really- just logged on and I have no idea what thy are about but I have some.

SSS

2. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

No one really knows - mine are propping up my wonky table. :D

3. Alf58

Alf58 Established commenter

May I also ask why some posters including me have a green dot next to their picture?

4. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

It means you are online - but if you want to hide, you can change your settings. Go to 'Privacy'
    upload_2015-12-11_22-56-37.png

5. Josh7

Josh7 Occasional commenter

Points? - They mean prizes!!

6. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

A trick to make you believe you are a good (nice beige) poster.

7. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

They allow you, in a very short time, to gain meaningless "awards" which indicate, often erroneously, that you may be a poster whose contributions may be worth reading.
    Partly a popularity contest they bear no relation to either quality or accuracy of content

8. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Points are a benchmark against which to record your progress. At your half-yearly review (What? You didn't read the small print when you registered?) the Moderators will set you improvement targets based on your current points total. If you're not already a Prominent contributor you will be deemed 'In need of improvement' and labelled as such beneath your avatar. Your posts will then be subject to close scrutiny, and the Moderators will turn up at short notice to observe and monitor your paperwork.

To incentivise you, 500 points are worth £2.50 at your local branch of Sainsburys, although they can't be redeemed against fuel.

sabrinakat, lizziescat and lanokia like this.
  9. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

Well, thanks everyone.

I started to giggle and ended up roaring with laughter- Thanks!! A feeling of euphoria from hyperventilating has it's good points!

SSS

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Points are pointless...

And really they aren't points, but stages. I've got 77... had 77 for ages. Not sure how to get 78 [don't actually care] and not sure how to get to the great heights of 112.

11. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Are they not the things you get on railway lines........no

12. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Not sure. I seem to have got 25 very quickly but have been stuck at 25 ever since!

13. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

gameofdrones likes this.
  14. gameofdrones

gameofdrones Established commenter

LOL!

ScotSEN likes this.