1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What a year 2016 has been! Best and worse moment?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by motgnel, Nov 12, 2016.

1. motgnel

motgnel New commenter

2. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Best - done quite well in my career. Worst, everything else.

foxtail3 and motgnel like this.
  3. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

I passed the first half of my msc with distinction. Mr Ork got a new job.

The rest of this year has been full of pain, misery, anxiety, illness and death. I can't wait for it to be over.

foxtail3, sabrinakat and motgnel like this.
  4. scienceteachasghost

scienceteachasghost Lead commenter

Best - discovering an enjoyable new hobby.

Worst - the world generally going to **** around me!

5. Laphroig

Laphroig Lead commenter

Worst was receiving divorce papers and starting to realise the financial mess the s..t had left behind. Best was getting a job I love after five years of intermittent supply work and realising that I'm stronger than I thought and h I'm happy again!

kibosh, Shedman, InkyP and 4 others like this.
  6. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Driving along the west coast of Scotland on the first day of the NC500 was pretty good. I'm not going to spend time deciding on the worst.

kibosh and Shedman like this.
  7. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

The year isn't over yet....:eek:

8. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Plenty of time yet to have
    Best: winning the lottery
    Worst: sheesh could get way worse!

9. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Worst - BREXIT - I haven't seen a shred of evidence yet that convinces me it was a good idea
    Second Worst - Losing my car to a careless driver who having first admitted liability then changed their mind.

Best (so far) - We got GOOD in our OFSTED having been RI for 18 months.

InkyP and sabrinakat like this.
  10. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Morgan, Fuchs, Simpson, Schlupp, Okazaki, Ulloa, Schmeichal, Kante, Albrighton, King, Huth et al. An inspirational story showing what people can achieve together. I don't support them, but we all went absolutely crazy in the pub when Hazard's second goal for Chelsea against Tottenham went in and we knew it was almost over...

I don't dwell on bad things.

emilystrange likes this.
  11. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

Worst? Waking up the morning after the refendum. And Bowie and Rickman and Victoria Wood.

Best? Still waiting ...

12. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Best = nothing yet.

Worst = Ofsted and getting RI

13. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

What was the hobby? I'm looking for ideas when I retire.

14. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

This could turn into a nightmare as long lost relatives and friends suddenly emerge from the woodwork and close family members squabble over your generosity - you've given him the same as me but I've got more children/live in a more expensive area/earn less than him etc.

15. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Time to get philosophical again - take pleasure and rediscover the wonder in the things we take for granted. Beautiful sunshine on an autumn day, the colour of the trees as the leaves turn, your favourite music and food, the joy and comfort of friends, the love of family, clean water out of the tap, good health. So many good things have happened that we don't even notice.

NoseyMatronType, InkyP and kibosh like this.
  16. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Highlight-travelling first class on a flight to Los Angeles (once in a life time opportunity, courtesy of a friend) and seeing the Grand Canyon. Worst-death of Mother in Law.

17. secretsiren

secretsiren Star commenter

Worst - being bullied into a hideous breakdown which happened in front of my children and even ten months later has left me feeling like half the woman I once was.

Best - absolutely nothing. My dad's ill. My mum died last year and I miss her more every day. Yesterday was the seven-year anniversary of the day I miscarried my baby. We're skint. I'm working harder but for less money thanks to the lack of pay rise. There has been nothing remotely good about this year and I cannot wait for it to be over.

18. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Fortunately I am in a family of just me! And OH's family are very small, so we could share it all out equally and still have lots. Or at least enough to give up work.

19. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Best being elected Mayor, worst losing my mother and brother-in-law (separate ocassions)

20. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I feel really quite sad reading some of the posts on this thread. :( What a horrible time people are having. Virtual hugs to you . . as long as you don't mind a bit of a wet shoulder and the sound of close up sniffling.

I can't say 2016 (so far) has been great shakes for me, but it's not been the worst year (so far)

* quietly hopes I won't be proved wrong in the next 7 weeks*

NoseyMatronType likes this.