1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What a pretty house!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lindenlea, Aug 11, 2020.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

coffeekid and alex_teccy like this.
  2. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

It is very attractive, but not my style. Too much to dust there. The garden is lovely and it looks as though it’s been lovingly done.

Jamvic, lindenlea and smoothnewt like this.
  3. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I love it, but half a million for a two bedroom with a road running through its garden?? Lordy-loo. House prices down south really are high.

4. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

Very characterful, good interiors and good sized rooms. The thing about crossing the road to get to the garden is a bit strange though.

Jamvic, lindenlea and smoothnewt like this.
  5. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

They certainly are. That area is up north relative to where we live and I was thinking that’s not a bad price. My younger daughter and her boyfriend are looking to buy a property. They can go to £500,000 but for that the most they can hope for in SE London is a two bedroom flat.

lindenlea and coffeekid like this.
  6. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

The kitchen's too small!!

Jamvic likes this.
  7. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

They've done it out nicely but the location doesn't appeal to me. Something in that style but in a less busy spot would be my preference. The split garden doesn't have any advantages that I can think of.

Jamvic and lindenlea like this.
  8. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I like the outside. That's it.

Jamvic and needabreak like this.
  9. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

Here in SE London that would sell for close to 700,000

10. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

It's insane. My mother in law has a four bedroom, maaaassive flat in a historic tenement in the most desirable part of the city, and that would probably go for just over 500,000. And that's in Edinburgh, where house prices really are high (for Scotland)

I feel so sorry for young people in certain parts of the country where rents are high and who will never have their own place.

11. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

@smoothnewt I'm selling my 2 bed cottage for a lot less than 500K in SE London, If you're interested.....

coffeekid likes this.
  12. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

£465,00 for a 2 bed house... Yeah, right! :eek:

13. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Not much space for bookshelves.
    Seem to be rooms for uncomfortable looking at rather than living in.

colpee likes this.
  14. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I really do like the house and its decor, and the design features. It all looks very mellow. It's just the price that shocked me.

lindenlea likes this.
  15. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

In my road in London, the mid-terrace houses are on the market for £600,000- £750.000
    No access to the garden except through the house. They vary from3- 5 bedroomed. The very nice double fronted home start at £900,000 for 5 bedrooms.
    Not sure how folks would be able to afford such places but they do.
    Flats start at £400.000 for a 2 bedroomed one.

coffeekid likes this.
  16. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

Exactly this. London and its environs are a very different ball game. The average price for a 2 bed where I live (no driveway/no hall/downstairs loo) is £ 400,000.

coffeekid likes this.
  17. Sally006

Sally006 Lead commenter

Gorgeous. Love this sort of period property but aghast at the price! You can tell I’m a northerner.

18. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

Worth noting that the house in the OP's post is a long way from London (Warwickshire...)

lindenlea likes this.
  19. smoothnewt

So do I. I don't think my nephews ever will.

20. smoothnewt

I'm wondering where you are. They are being quite picky about areas and they don't want to have to do any work.